• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
More than he has?
Was the Buildcorp money pure profit?

According to the Vikings (as posted above)..........

While the sponsorship figure has been reported to be worth as much $1million, it is understood the actual amount is around a fifth of that and closer to $200,000.

Canberra Vikings chairman John McGrath said he was made aware of the situation three weeks ago and conceded the club could foot the bill.

"The Buildcorp money goes into administration whereas the broadcast money pays for flights and accommodation, so it's not as dramatic as we first thought and we don't anticipate much change," McGrath said.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I probably should post this in the unpopular opinions thread but the surge in interest in females playing historically male sports is based on novelty.
There, I said it. No doubt eternal damnation will be my reward.

Cheap exclusive local content for FTA networks also. The rights are basically given away, so the only real cost is production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
According to the Vikings (as posted above)....

I saw that, it seems odd he is commenting on that - my impression was that the ARU looked after the officials and accomodation from the money they got from Buildcorp but that quote suggests a direct link between Bc and the Vikings.
Can you enlighten me?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can you enlighten me?

I can only go by what's been stated above......... that the Buildcorp money was less than what was originally reported, and it goes towards the ARU's admin costs.

Foxtel look after player payments, flights, accommodation etc.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
McGrath is merely saying that the Vikings, and the other teams, could be levied a fee to cover the difference.

Simple enough, circa 25k each.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
McGrath is merely saying that the Vikings, and the other teams, could be levied a fee to cover the difference.

Simple enough, circa 25k each.
Can someone remind me why the clubs in Sydney and Brisbane would want to continue with this?
More and more of the cost and risk is passed onto them to permit the ARU to identify the cannon fodder it needs to give the clubs no money from the money they generate from the cannon fodder.
It's surreal.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You mean clubs in Sydney, right.

There is no "piss stream" from Brisbane clubs involved. :)

It would seem the reddies come from the QRU, together with a law firm in Brisvegas and a private uni on the Goldy.
Do the brisvegas premier clubs receive money from the ARU?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You mean clubs in Sydney, right.

There is no "piss stream" from Brisbane clubs involved. :)

It would seem the reddies come from the QRU, together with a law firm in Brisvegas and a private uni on the Goldy.

Clubs in Sydney (at least Manly, Warringah, Norths and Gordon) provided money to support the set up of the NRC (those four clubs for the Rays).

@$25,000 each IIRC. I think that this was only for the first 2 years.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I can only go by what's been stated above... that the Buildcorp money was less than what was originally reported, and it goes towards the ARU's admin costs.

Foxtel look after player payments, flights, accommodation etc.

Regardless of the exact quantum of the Buildcorp NRC sponsorship, the money that they have pulled will have to be replaced by some other funding.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You tell me.

Who signs the cheques going to Logan City and Yoku Road?
I assumed they were treated the same as Sydney.
If so, the ARU no longer has the luxury of acting as if the clubs are the problem ~ they are the solution. What's more they are the solution for the other states because for good or ill the NSW and QLD clubs have shown resilience, engenuity and sustainability.............