• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC ROUND 2: WESTERN FORCE VS NSW COUNTRY EAGLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sunday 3:00 pm WST 9 Sep

Round 2 officially but in reality NSW Country first outing.
Screenshot_20180904-210223.jpeg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So if this match is on at 1 pm Sunday then the kick off is at the same time as the Qld Country v Rising match.

Despite the two hour time zone difference, they conspire to stuff it up. Thank you NRC!

Well done, dickheads. :oops:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So if this match is on at 1 pm Sunday then the kick off is at the same time as the Qld Country v Rising match.

Despite the two hour time zone difference, they conspire to stuff it up. Thank you NRC!

Well done, dickheads. :oops:

Unless you’re the dickhead.

Qld Country v Rising kick off is 3pm

7e1be3f09c3f600e96f8aa74a8bf4526.jpg

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unless you’re the dickhead.

Qld Country v Rising kick off is 3pm

7e1be3f09c3f600e96f8aa74a8bf4526.jpg
I see Qld County vs Melbourne Rising is televised live on Fox 503 at 3:00 pm.

Can't see anything about the Force v NSW country. Does anyone have any details on any broadcast or streaming if any?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Lots of matches appear to be being played at the same time across the season. That would have to be at the request of the broadcaster wouldn't it?

Why would Foxtel want that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Lots of matches appear to be being played at the same time across the season. That would have to be at the request of the broadcaster wouldn't it?

Dunno. What are your thoughts?

But I will say this going back to 2014. In my opinion, FoxSports took the rights to this comp as side bet, or a blocking property, so they were covered in the event of (the then) ARU not lasting the distance in Super Rugby.

In other words, they're not hyper interested in the comp itself which, as we must all admit, is low rating. The interesting thing is that the trend for Super Rugby is to converge into the same ratings bracket as NRC, i.e. no mention in the weekly dispatches. The rugby union bargaining position is continuing to be hollowed out.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The original draw had this game as 3pm local time.
440e8a1da060050c5e36b87cdbbf5952.png
d30d62ec4371cbbd0a26cc0a2e17cc2c.png

I wonder if the Force know what time the kick off is?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It does seem strange that they are on at the same time, but if neither is to be broadcast on Foxsports, does it matter?

Providing they get the streams uploaded quickly, anyone watching can watch one live and then watch the other game afterwards.

Seriously though, what's the deal with the Force playing their game at 1pm local time?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
It looks like someone has cocked it up.

Why not start them both a 3:00 pm local time.

Once you finish watching the first game the other game would be starting.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
It's a complete culster fuck!!!!

Is there something else on in Perth at 3:00 that would force the schedule change, or is this a little up yours to RA and the NRC???

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It does seem strange that they are on at the same time, but if neither is to be broadcast on Foxsports, does it matter?

You're right.

Replays are just as good as live sports.

Seriously though, what's the deal with the Force playing their game at 1pm local time?

It's a second-rate time for all concerned.

Clearly the two hour time zone difference would allow two local 3pm games to go live, but that's too obvious.

I know! The rate of pay in Western Australia switches over to double time after 3pm on Sundays! This will save a motza.

It's second-rate all round for a second-rate comp.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It's a complete culster fuck!!!!

Is there something else on in Perth at 3:00 that would force the schedule change, or is this a little up yours to RA and the NRC???

So Tim Sampson got on the phone to the FoxSports crew and the NSW Country Eagles?

"Better turn up early, boys, we're kicking it off early"

No no no.

This a Rugby Australia comp. As Strewth posted up the page (smart bloke, that cobber), there are other matches scheduled for this season where this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.