• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 5: Queensland Country v Brisbane Sat 28 Sep Gladstone

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Shocked there wasn't a thread on this one.

Great game, finally the real Qld Country turned up after a horror couple of weeks.

All the big guns showed what we wanted to see. Some very loose defence from Brissie saw QC (Quade Cooper) storm to a big lead, with the usual blokes leading from the front, skipper Scott-Young, Blythe, Hockings, Hoopert and McDermott. Daugunu had his best game for country this season and of course big Harry Wilson was a wrecking ball but had a few errors in D. Saifoloi has his most assured game of the season as well and for once we saw the backs with a bit of space and Stewart, Boardman and Campbell cut loose.

For Brisbane Lucas was absolutely superb really showed his class in a losing team, looked like the bloke who could keep Brisbane in the game. So excited to see him for a full season for QLD. But how bloody good was Fraser McReight, the bloke can almost teleport, saved a hell of a lot of points with defence and pilfering. Man of the match. Mention for BPA thought he also played well.

Definitely a season of what could've been for Country.

Great commentary again from Jaybor.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You've really got some very good players (future stars) coming through the Qld ranks.

Both Hockings and Blyth were excellent. Have to say I favour Blyth but hardly a struck match between them.

Harry Wilson looks to me like he could be the best of them all in a year or two. A lot of K Read about him.

Stewart has found his best position at 12. A good creative player and also runs the ball well.

Fraser McReight is just a fantastic No 7 with potential to go the whole way to the Wallabies. And not so very far into the future I'd say. Looks like Pocock and plays like Pocock.

Still have a couple of reservations about Izaak Lucas, but when he runs the ball he can make the defense look rather inept.