• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I am also after a writer or someone who will provide a brief summary of Kings v Knox at Kings this weekend. Any volunteers?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Can someone advise who Riverview is playing this weekend?[/quote
RIverview are playing Stannies and Kinross this week end. I believe 13s to 15s are playing at Stannies 16s and opens
at Kinross.
The format will be reversed the following week when we host Kings.

Dave Hubert

Frank Row (1)
Interesting to see some of the boys from last years 1st XV/2nd XV not starting in Kings 1sts from the likes of, Hooker Alex Lynch (2nds last year), No. 8 Josh Gunstone (1sts last year), Scrum Half Luke Go (2nds/3rds last year) and Benjamin Stewart (1sts last year). Personally I feel if King's really want to win this year they must stick to their core strengths through their fast play the ball and powerful running from their agile forward pack. Team selection is crucial when doing so, as the competition is fierce through threats, Joeys and Scots.

Props rule

Frank Nicholson (4)
As an old front rower got to love the front row combining for a super try - prop (#3) to prop (#1) to hooker (#2) - try time!! Even in slow motion compared to the fancy backs I still enjoyed it.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
As an old front rower got to love the front row combining for a super try - prop (#3) to prop (#1) to hooker (#2) - try time!! Even in slow motion compared to the fancy backs I still enjoyed it.

A thing of true beauty...

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)

Hi PR.

Who played front row for Joeys on Sat (in video)?

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any idea who is impressing in the juniors? I hear both Kings and Joeys have super strong u13s and 14s. It is great to see schools pulling out 5-6 teams in these age groups.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Any idea who is impressing in the juniors? I hear both Kings and Joeys have super strong u13s and 14s. It is great to see schools pulling out 5-6 teams in these age groups.

Homer,

Riverview 13as played Waves 2 weeks ago and won well, View are a big side and well drilled.

In the 14as St. Augustines beat Joeys by 50+ 2 weeks ago, and the Waves beat Auggies last weekend by 18 with 5 major players out.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)

Can't comment on the current u/13s but the current u/14s was dominate last year by Newington (Undefeated) Joeys who I think lost one match( against Newington) and Shore. Shore started with a heavily loss to Waverley but pulled together to become a formidable force in last year in the U/13s. Kings last year really struggled with 69-0 and 71-0 losses to Newington. Other schools also scored big wins over TKS. However, that was last year and boys grow, they learn skills and gain confidence through experience.

Hence, results in the U/14 could change dramatically.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Can't comment on the current u/13s but the current u/14s was dominate last year by Newington (Undefeated) Joeys who I think lost one match( against Newington) and Shore. Shore started with a heavily loss to Waverley but pulled together to become a formidable force in last year in the U/13s. Kings last year really struggled with 69-0 and 71-0 losses to Newington. Other schools also scored big wins over TKS. However, that was last year and boys grow, they learn skills and gain confidence through experience.

Agree B&W, Things change in this age about now.

So far this year the Waves 14as have defeated Shore 38-12, Riverview 50-12 and St.Augustines 39-21, and in all these games they have had 4-5 major players out, not to say the other teams didn't have injuries.
This week they play Scots and then Newington, they didn't play each other last year, so this could be the match up.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree B&W, Things change in this age about now.

So far this year the Waves 14as have defeated Shore 38-12, Riverview 50-12 and St.Augustines 39-21, and in all these games they have had 4-5 major players out, not to say the other teams didn't have injuries.
This week they play Scots and then Newington, they didn't play each other last year, so this could be the match up.

So the match up with Newington and Waverly could be the hardest challenge faced by both schools to date. Last year a washout cancelled the game a real disappointment. It's a pity I shall be working, but I am sure it will be test both teams who will benefit, as they represent best (to date) of the GPS and CAS competitions. However, QH mentioned that Scots are closing the gap on Newington, so if Waves are playing Scots that should be quality match also.

Reactions: WLF

up&under

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting to see some of the boys from last years 1st XV/2nd XV not starting in Kings 1sts from the likes of, Hooker Alex Lynch (2nds last year), No. 8 Josh Gunstone (1sts last year), Scrum Half Luke Go (2nds/3rds last year) and Benjamin Stewart (1sts last year). Personally I feel if King's really want to win this year they must stick to their core strengths through their fast play the ball and powerful running from their agile forward pack. Team selection is crucial when doing so, as the competition is fierce through threats, Joeys and Scots.

Luke Go has decided not to play rugby this year. Ben Stewart started for the 1’s against Riverview.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Other schools also scored big wins over TKS. However, that was last year and boys grow, they learn skills and gain confidence through experience.

I am sure TKS will take the fast route to enable Dramatic change.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WLF

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Shore started from scratch again completely with a 1s vs 2s trial match yesterday, will be interesting to see how many changes they make. I doubt any changes will lead to a radical increase in skills they would more be looking for the boys who have that extra bit of mongrel in them.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
Homer,

Riverview 13as played Waves 2 weeks ago and won well, View are a big side and well drilled.

In the 14as St. Augustines beat Joeys by 50+ 2 weeks ago, and the Waves beat Auggies last weekend by 18 with 5 major players out.

Thanks WLF.
I know Joeys 13s dusted Auggies by 50+ and Shore did the same to Knox. However, apparently Kings has a mortgage on half of last years PSSA team. Knox plays Kings, iggies and joeys in the next few weeks so could be a good tester.
Newington's 14s were outstanding last year in the 13s.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Shore started from scratch again completely with a 1s vs 2s trial match yesterday, will be interesting to see how many changes they make. I doubt any changes will lead to a radical increase in skills they would more be looking for the boys who have that extra bit of mongrel in them.

Probably a good move by the coaching team. Interesting Shore Seconds only went down by 14 points to Joeys 2nds. It was 12 all at half time.

My observations from last Saturdays massacre was that the skill level from Shore was awful, especially defence; tackling, ruck, maul. (Set piece wasnt too bad IMHO). Poor tackling technique arguably manifested itself in a number of head knocks. These players got their heads on the wrong side and werent set for contact. Joeys are not big. They are hard and will look for contact and run over people.

Shore controlled and maintained virtually no possession. As UTG mentioned in his match report, at times it looked like a Joeys training run