• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newingtons crowds at away games are very sub-par in comparison to every other schools crowds. Hell, even shore over the past 5-10 years (dark years of shore rugby) have always had solid turnouts, home or away. Says a bit about the culture within the schools.
Joeys and View do it best. Both home and away. Both schools always manage to get at the very minimum 200+ boys to away games and always seem to be the loudest. It’s what makes View vs Joeys a must watch game no matter the standings. At Leichhardt I reckon we could see 10,000+.

With the move to Leichhardt could we see possibly the greatest school boy rugby matchup? - pretty tough to top 2018 J v V.

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
Hey joker,
Can confirm kings 13-16Bs had all lost, I still haven’t been able to gain the score of these games but guessing it may of been a flogging. Will come back with scores once released.
Pretty sure kings only won in the 2nd and 4th’s. Was a hard day at the office all round

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joeys and View do it best. Both home and away. Both schools always manage to get at the very minimum 200+ boys to away games and always seem to be the loudest. It’s what makes View vs Joeys a must watch game no matter the standings. At Leichhardt I reckon we could see 10,000+.

With the move to Leichhardt could we see possibly the greatest school boy rugby matchup? - pretty tough to top 2018 J v V.
At Joeys all boys MUST attend the 1st XV game. Buses are provided to and from the grounds. That is 1000 boys

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
RuckitRory and Love2Scrum.....its only games on Friday 24th to Sunday 26th that will be on Cluch.

Unfortunately agreement was unable to be reached with CAS for tomorrow’s fixtures so they will not be streamed.

From the AAGPS website

20 June 2022

AAGPS SPORTS UPDATE: WINTER SPORTS REPRESENTATIVE WEEK 2022

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee wish to provide the following update regarding GPS sporting programmes in 2022:

The AAGPS will host Combined Associated Schools (CAS) representative teams, in addition to other representative fixtures taking place in the final week of Term 2, 2022. The timing and arrangements are below. Please note fixtures will not be streamed other than the NSW Schools U16s and Opens Rugby Championships (via NSW Rugby TV).

RUGBY – OPENS (1st XV, 2nd XV, White & Blue XV)
Tuesday 21 June
Venue: Shore School - Northbridge Playing Fields, Alpha Road, Northbridge
Parking: On ‘G’ Ground, access off Alpha Rd from 10.30am. otherwise on-street
Fixtures:
GPS White XV v Country Juniors: 11.15am
GPS Blue XV v Sydney Juniors: 12.35pm
GPS 2nd XV v CAS 2nd XV: 1.55pm
GPS 1st XV v CAS 1 st XV: 3.15pm

Friday 24 June NSW Schools Championships
Venue: Eric Tweedale Stadium - 2 Montrose Ave, Merrylands
Fixtures:
GPS 2nd XV v ISA 2nd XV: 1.55pm
GPS 1st XV v ISA 1st XV: 3.15pm

RUGBY – U16s (Presidents A & B XVs)
Saturday 25 – Sunday 26 June
Venue: Hills Grammar School - 43 Kenthurst Road, Kenthurst
Saturday Fixtures:
Presidents A v ISA 2: 9.30am
Presidents B v ISA 1: 11.10am

Last edited:

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
He decided to talk upon the fact that Newington had very little crowd and made the comment "may have thought it was a home game". Why do you think he made a comment like that, when its common knowledge that Newington are not forced nor really recommended to go to away games and/or Newington home games (unless there is house support day and BND)
I understand why they aren't forced, but why not at least recommended?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi Stephenmoorebeers

Good stuff. Here we go.

Scots students were great. Solid numbers for a home game. Respectful when kickers lined up and cheered loud when their team was doing well.
Old boys were on fire. Usual noise from the balcony. Hope your head went down as the ball went over the posts. Having one field on campus ( real estate in BH is expensive even in 1893 ) leaves a few younger students out. Would have liked to see more however a core group of yr12, and 16's hung around. Hope you enjoyed the New's victory song. Agree New 2,6 and 15 were great and special mention to 14 for ignoring the Old Boys noise and kicking it for the win . Scots did underperform. Thought you relied on half your pack to make the hard yards. 6 was very good just niggly but New boys took it and he deserved his GPS 1sts selection.
As far as me on the balcony, I wouldn't know what a second story is mate. I wouldn't be welcomed up there and I wouldn't waste my time up there anyway. Glad to be amongst my own. That Scots "AIR" affects the Old Boys too much but I walked next to my horse all the way home. Very happy indeed !!!!
Till next time. Enjoy the rest of the season Stephenmoorebeers.

Wyvernboy
What's the newington victory song?

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
RuckitRory and Love2Scrum.....its only games on Friday 24th to Sunday 26th that will be on Cluch.

Unfortunately agreement was unable to be reached with CAS for tomorrow’s fixtures so they will not be streamed.

From the AAGPS website

20 June 2022

AAGPS SPORTS UPDATE: WINTER SPORTS REPRESENTATIVE WEEK 2022

The AAGPS Chairman Mr Mark Ticehurst, and Executive Officer Mr Nigel Price, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee wish to provide the following update regarding GPS sporting programmes in 2022:

The AAGPS will host Combined Associated Schools (CAS) representative teams, in addition to other representative fixtures taking place in the final week of Term 2, 2022. The timing and arrangements are below. Please note fixtures will not be streamed other than the NSW Schools U16s and Opens Rugby Championships (via NSW Rugby TV).

RUGBY – OPENS (1st XV, 2nd XV, White & Blue XV)
Tuesday 21 June
Venue: Shore School - Northbridge Playing Fields, Alpha Road, Northbridge
Parking: On ‘G’ Ground, access off Alpha Rd from 10.30am. otherwise on-street
Fixtures:
GPS White XV v Country Juniors: 11.15am
GPS Blue XV v Sydney Juniors: 12.35pm
GPS 2nd XV v CAS 2nd XV: 1.55pm
GPS 1st XV v CAS 1 st XV: 3.15pm

Friday 24 June NSW Schools Championships
Venue: Eric Tweedale Stadium - 2 Montrose Ave, Merrylands
Fixtures:
GPS 2nd XV v ISA 2nd XV: 1.55pm
GPS 1st XV v ISA 1st XV: 3.15pm

RUGBY – U16s (Presidents A & B XVs)
Saturday 25 – Sunday 26 June
Venue: Hills Grammar School - 43 Kenthurst Road, Kenthurst
Saturday Fixtures:
Presidents A v ISA 2: 9.30am
Presidents B v ISA 1: 11.10am
Many thanks Rudderless.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
An update on the Under age tables.

This is the first time this has been attempted. Many have mused over the idea but never been brave enough to try. I am proud to say a couple of Joeys Old Boys are behind this and one very talented statistician.

This weekend we have started to collate scores and create tables for the younger A and B teams.
This is a big undertaking and so far we have been well supported.
As many would understand this only works when people help us out with scores.

Results outstanding
  • 13B - Kings v View
  • 14B - Kings v View
  • 15A - Kings v View
  • 15B - Kings v View and Scots v Newington
  • 16B - Kings v View and Scots v Newington
In the 14Bs, we have shown Scots having a bye (with no points) since apparently Newington is not fielding a 14Bs!?

A REMINDER- These results are limited to the 6 official GPS schools in the top comp only, so results v Grammar, Pius etc don't count and are not shown. Trying to include Grammar and High makes it messy.

Can we expect to hear from someone at Riverview?? Kings?? Newington??
If you know a result and score, let me know.
Scots 16B's won by 2 points I believe, also Scots 14B's vsed and beat Pius A's for anyone wondering. Newington 14B's vsed Scots C's and lost. That Scots C's team does have a lot of players from last years b's and even A's due to injuries and changes in teams. Newington 14A's were missing 2 key players which led to the large loss. I believe Kings 14B's loss but I don't know the score.

TheMedow

Banned
I agree, but there is no need to say that when it had nothing to do with the result of the game. Simply a cheap shot (which is true but still...), However, at BND you should see a real crowd at Newington which I am looking forward too.
Can’t wait to venture over to watch the shore boys take on newington, always been a classic game in this age group throughout the years.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
For a povo ISA school Oakhill manages to do this easily every week. Sounds like all you need is someone to pull their finger out
Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 9.00.34 pm.png
it's not rocket surgery ...

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I understand why they aren't forced, but why not at least recommended?
Well they are recommended to some degree but not nearly as much as other schools do. Even if they did advertise the games to a further level you still wouldn't see a big increase in crowd sizes.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Nope, you nailed it. I had a reunion at a View game once. It was because we just wanted to see Joeys beat View and travelling to see that is no issue. We had warm ups at the Longy, stumbled down the hill and had a TWO buses to collect us after the game to head to the Oaks, Double Bay for the official night.

A great game as well. Can you name the year?

St Joseph's v St Ignatius at Riverview

As usual a large crowd gathered to watch what turned out to be an enthralling match between St Joseph's and St Ignatius. Laurie Weeks replaced Duncan Hardy in the front row. Within two minutes Riverview took the early lead with a penalty goal. For the first 15 minutes, the match was played inside the St Joseph's half until a fine run by Thomas Healey took play to the Riverview 22. The ball was then swung wide to the opposite side of the field where Carraro and Thompson made good ground before play going into touch 5 metres from the line. From the lineout St Joseph's won possession and decided to drive for the line with Fergus Domey grounding for a try and Matthew Carraro converting. Thes core now 7-3. Play then moved quickly from end to end with Riverview almost scoring and then St Joseph's. While inside their own half Riverview elected to kick, but failing to find touch Jordan Thompson was able to counter and bring play back to halfway. From the breakdown, the ball was shifted quickly through Adam D'Arcy to Tom Azar who broke through a number of defenders and scored between the posts. This was an outstanding run from Azar and fitting of what was the 3000th try scored by St Joseph's in GPS competition. Carraro converted to push the score to 14-3. Shortly before the break Riverview narrowed the score to 14- 6 with a penalty goal.

The start of the second half saw St Joseph's dominate field position and possession but unable to crack the excellent Riverview defence. Riverview were the next to score through a further penalty goal to make the score 14-9. St Joseph's continued to attack and again, although dominating field position, were unable to score until eventually a penalty goal by Matthew Carraro relieved the tension and took the score to 17-9. Riverview struck back almost immediately scoring in the corner. A successful conversion from the touch line took the score to 17-16. Carraro moved the score to 20-16 with a further penalty goal.

In the final minutes of the match Riverview were on the attack but desperate St Joseph's defence prevented a further score. The match was a wonderful spectacle played in outstanding spirit by both sides.

St Joseph's 20 defeated St Ignatius 16.
I’ll take a stab .. 03

Status
Not open for further replies.