• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungryforpies

Frank Row (1)
TO BE WATCHED THIS SEASON…

Good Morning,

With all the up and coming talent shown in both the classes of 2023 and 2024 and maybe even some 2025. Who are a select few of the players to be watched across this coming season of GPS rugby.

I believe a select few from Newington to watch are:

Matteo Cleverley

Lachie Murray

Casey McLean

Toby Rodwell

Matt Humphries

Quinn Mersal

All these boys showed great talent and skill in their respective teams.
As Addicted2Rugby39511 mentioned, please do not reply with silly answers about boys who have Realistically no chance of making either the 1st XV or 2nd XV for their respective school.

The Import.
A Lot of these boys go missing in big games. When I watched the replay of the Shore VS. Newington 16As game, they didn't seem to shine as much as I thought they would, the shore #13 Tom Santal was all over them!!

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
A Lot of these boys go missing in big games. When I watched the replay of the Shore VS. Newington 16As game, they didn't seem to shine as much as I thought they would, the shore #13 Tom Santal was all over them!!
I believe Newington had anything up up to sx players out, either playing in the firsts or seconds. Many I have been told, were backs. So your expectations of Shore 16As, are higher than they deserve. A full strength Newington 16As, would have accounted for Shore. There seems to be a lot of "talking up" of Shore most recently on this site. Next year reality will "kick in" and people such as yourself, will need to be more thoughtful about Shore's prospects. They may not be as successful as they were this year.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)

JSexton10

Bob McCowan (2)
NRL Scouts and Barker coaches are fuelling up the Landcruiser's and heading out there now.

On a bright note the Telegraph today claimed the ARU has won the race for Max Jorgenson.
One person will not help the ARU we have to face that these days NRL is the desired destination for our school boys and even our Gen Blue boys. I hope in the future we will see more school boys who excelled in school rugby turn to Union instead of League as of about 25 years ago when I was running out for Shore First XV it was unheard of to go to the dark side (NRL) and was frowned upon but times have changed and I think the state of Australia rugby union would influence the boys decision heavily.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
One person will not help the ARU we have to face that these days NRL is the desired destination for our school boys and even our Gen Blue boys. I hope in the future we will see more school boys who excelled in school rugby turn to Union instead of League as of about 25 years ago when I was running out for Shore First XV it was unheard of to go to the dark side (NRL) and was frowned upon but times have changed and I think the state of Australia rugby union would influence the boys decision heavily.
I know it has been discussed here before but if you have a league contract why on earth are they wasting space on ARU Pathway teams for someone who has defected. Cash and spaces are limited so if you have committed elsewhere then bring through the boys who want to play rugby, don't waste resources on kids who are taking their talents elsewhere, NRL clubs have enough of their own money. GPS, CAS and NSW Rugby are so determined to win but all they get are pyrrhic victories.

UndersLineChamp

Frank Row (1)

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
It was picked mainly from Colts. Only 1 boy got picked from school and that was Jack Barrett.
surprised to see Barrett in there - my understanding is that the U19 squad was meant to give kids who were too old for the U18s a chance to impress ahead of selection of next year's U20s. World Rugby doesn't have an U19 tournament any more since it was merged with the old U21 to form the U20s a few years back. Kids who shone this year in the Schools/U18 were not expected to be selected in the U19s if (a) they were already deemed good enough to join the (wider) U20s or (b) they were expected to benefit from more time in the Gen Blue academy. ie, the U19s was intended to give selectors another opportunity to answer some question-marks.
I think Max J fitted into the (a) classification above, along with some others from this year's Gen Blue squad.

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington only won the shared premiership because of a few players who are new to the school anyways. (Roosters juniors)
Scots are by far the better team in this age group and will win the 2024 premiership

This is the first time I have made that mistake as that was my second post on the forum.
If we did an audit of who ‘only won premierships’ without scholarships of this nature, you’d find it would be a very short list. Joeys has always been a Marist college collective side and other schools have recently (in the last 35 years) joined the scholarship arms race which ended up fracturing the comp. I think it’s actually a shame that so many schools have gone in this direction but the standard was set long ago, That said, it’s no fault if the boys.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
If we did an audit of who ‘only won premierships’ without scholarships of this nature, you’d find it would be a very short list. Joeys has always been a Marist college collective side and other schools have recently (in the last 35 years) joined the scholarship arms race which ended up fracturing the comp. I think it’s actually a shame that so many schools have gone in this direction but the standard was set long ago, That said, it’s no fault if the boys.
Hello Syd

That commentary was product a product of a Shore troll, who have no intention of serious discussion. These students have invaded this site, and filled it with fictional propaganda. As well as revealing, they are incompetent commentators.

So Syd stop playing to the adolescence crap, that has been exposed, to be nothing more than a schoolboy indulgence. .

As for the topic, you have mention,G&G have a strict policy of banning, the mention and discussion of the "S" word. You have clearly breached the rules of this site. So please abide by the standards,G&G have establish.

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
You have clearly breached the rules of this site. So please abide by the standards,G&G have establish.
i-could-simply-whack-him-if-thats-what-you-want.jpg

Syd

Bob McCowan (2)
Hello Syd

That commentary was product a product of a Shore troll, who have no intention of serious discussion. These students have invaded this site, and filled it with fictional propaganda. As well as revealing, they are incompetent commentators.

So Syd stop playing to the adolescence crap, that has been exposed, to be nothing more than a schoolboy indulgence. .

As for the topic, you have mention,G&G have a strict policy of banning, the mention and discussion of the "S" word. You have clearly breached the rules of this site. So please abide by the standards,G&G have

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Hello Joker;

For the trolls who can be easily identified and intend to cause Mischief. I stand by the Movie "Lawerence of Arabia" in a scene where the Arab Cavalry, are attacking the Turks, Actor Peter O'toole playing Lawerence, yells out "Take No Prisoners. An approach we need to apply on this site.

We must maintain the high standards you and others have establish on this site. Talking about the word, that shall not be mentioned on this site, lowers the tone on this site. Particularly, as the offenders are neither interested or committed GPS Rugby. Instead, they are intent to making excuses for the failure of their schools Coaching and Rugby programs. Others are just intend on a " Adolescent Shit Stir",particularly, the trolls who have just arrived from a certain North Shore educational institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.