• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A guide to assist you to understand the names I use. Developed over many seasons. It is banter and done in jest.

Home groundPlayer nicknames
Newington CollegeThe brick pit, Stanmore InternationalWild Wookies
St Joseph’s CollegeHeaven’s pastureCattle Dogs
The Scots CollegeDeath star, Palpatine’s PalaceStorm troopers, Clone warriors
St Ignatius' CollegeSwamp, The Looney bin, Iggies playgroundLane Cove Loonies, Wild Wolves
The King's SchoolBig Paddock, Parramatta pasture, Castle Greyskull*Bullocks
Shore SchoolStirling Bridge, Pie PalaceThe Northmen

* Discontinued due to complaints of others

Last edited:
A guide to assist you to understand the names I use. Developed over many seasons. It is banter and done in jest.
Home groundPlayers nicknames
St Joseph’s CollegeHeaven’s pasture,Cattle Dogs
St Ignatius' CollegeSwamp, The Looney bin, Iggies playgroundLane Cove Loonies
The King's SchoolBig Paddock, Parramatta pasture, ShowroomBullocks
I’d been wondering about “cattle dogs” - thanks!!!

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Home groundPlayers nicknames
Anything for SGS, SBHS or TAS?

I don't think Leo played against Newington

-Footyhead
Leo's presence is always felt in spirit; don't get it twisted. However, I did hear that he stubbed his toe on the way to look at himself in the bathroom mirror yesterday - which could put him out for an extra month. A shame to hear, footy will miss him.

Regards,
David.

KingD

Frank Row (1)
Mmmmmm

SGS- Angry Bees @ The Hive
SBHS. Marksmen @ The Wastelands
TAS. Highlanders @ Bannockburn

Anyone else wanna take a crack.
Keep it tongue in cheek
Can’t recall ever referring to Joeys as *Heaven’s Pasture” or “cattle dogs”!!
“Hunter’s Hill High School for the Socially Disadvantaged“ and while it can’t be repeated here, ”Social *******” rings a bell (generally as they were running over the top of you!).

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)

Love the bias here Joker, got to admit the the Hunters Hill main building looks like an Asylum; which is what people call it.

Joeys breakout from the Asylem Colour Generated .jpg

UpnUnder

Chris McKivat (8)
Love the bias here Joker, got to admit the the Hunters Hill main building looks like an Asylum; which is what people call it.

View attachment 18815
Better an asylum than an incomplete faux Scottish castle. Riverview have the same building but ran out of money before they could put a tower on it. Newington looks like a poor man’s Harry Potter fantasy and Shore spent all their money on a stadium that faces the wrong way and preserved an ancient score board that hasn’t known victory in 20 years. Does Kings have a main building? Perhaps over in the very back paddock, IDK, it’s certainly not memorable. I’ll take the asylum.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Riverview started a grand building to view the river and welcome those arriving by boat. Then, motor cars were invented and arrivees came down the road at the 'rear' of the main site. Running our of money didn't help, either. A shame the Jesuits didn't have the courage to complete the quadrangle, a la Sydney Uni's Main Quad, with or without a tower.

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
Better an asylum than an incomplete faux Scottish castle. Riverview have the same building but ran out of money before they could put a tower on it. Newington looks like a poor man’s Harry Potter fantasy and Shore spent all their money on a stadium that faces the wrong way and preserved an ancient score board that hasn’t known victory in 20 years. Does Kings have a main building? Perhaps over in the very back paddock, IDK, it’s certainly not memorable. I’ll take the asylum.
Ok gentleman, let's keep it civil shall we?

No need to get into puerile contest over the quality of buildings, let's focus on the game we love: Rugby. We've got a great weekend of footy ahead. I'd much rather seen insight on this.

Kind Regards,
Arthur

Last edited:

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Riverview started a grand building to view the river and welcome those arriving by boat. Then, motor cars were invented and arrivees came down the road at the 'rear' of the main site. Running our of money didn't help, either. A shame the Jesuits didn't have the courage to complete the quadrangle, a la Sydney Uni's Main Quad, with or without a tower.
Yeah to be fair they built the Main building without waiting for permission to be granted which is pretty hilarious, and it turned out well. Sure Lindomer, I am I sure we could all do with more money for towers, but you have to admit its an impressive building. Fair is fair, keep the chat to rugby, I thought I would point out to Joeys OBs who want to carry on about View's 1st field, (which is planned to be reconstructed) , that their school/s are far from perfect.

propsareslow

Frank Row (1)
Hey @propsarespeedy since you seem to be a scots boy can you give an analysis on how the season is shaping out for them from an insider pov. I understand that theres a lot of things going up in the air about injuries and stuff in the 1sts but i believe they can still be a true contender. How are the 16As shaping up after a year at Glengarry. Will be interested to see how the season pans out for them.

Rookie21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Predicted GPS 1st 15 lineup

- Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2 - James Warner (Shore)
3 - Tom Duddy (Scots)
4 - Issac Fonua ( Kings)
5 - Ed Baxter (Shore)
6 - Luca Cleverly (Newington) C
7 - Marshall Le maitre (Shore)
8 - Toby Brial (Scots) VC
9 - Angus Grover (Riverview)
10 - Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11- Heamasi Makasini (Newington)
12 - Henry Conick (Shore)/ Ontini Large (Scots- if back from injury)
13 - Tom Hartman (Riverview)
14 - Jay Macenzie (scots)
15 - Leo Jaques (Scots)

Reserves
- Charlie Ghattas (Joeys)
17- Buddy Latham (Newington)
18 - Chriss Quinn (Joeys)
19 - Charlie Allcout (Scots)
20 - Justice Tamepeou (Joeys)
21 - Darcy Brown (Joeys)
22 - Jonty Fowler (Joeys)
23 - Baxter Warner (Newington)
Rex Bassingthwaighte also a possible contender

Rookie21

Sydney Middleton (9)

Am I correct in remembering that Kings was also referred to as Castle Greyskull?