• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Blindside

yeah I've heard similar things about shore parents over the years. however as long as they continue to bring the same standard of mothers to each game im not saying anything.

That I can agree with. There is clearly a hot ass milf factory north of the harbour bridge and they were all at Stanmore yesterday.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
You would be correct. I think the score was 19-12. Kings also had a few out due to injury (i think there were 3, Bateman was among them)

Interesting that Joeys will play their U16s players in the Open teams if they're good enough but other teams (Shore, Kings and View in particular) don't?

B

baldingwingforward

Interesting that Joeys will play their U16s players in the Open teams if they're good enough but other teams (Shore, Kings and View in particular) don't?

Not sure where you got that from CTPE - View had 3 16s in the 1s last year and 1 in the 2nds... and 1 in the 1s this year and 1 in the 2nds...

Shore will do it as well. This is Jock Merrimans third year of Opens.
Scots tend to do it - Stewart last year.
Newington do it - this is Baldwins 3rd year of 1st XV. Pryor Lees was U16 last year as was Alan Alatoa and there are some 16s in the side atm, so plenty of schools do do it, but maybe you just don't realise who the players are.
If you are good enough you are old enough - especially if you are U16 in Yr 11 and only going to get one proper year of Opens.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just a heads up- am going to can any discussions of the level of racism at GPS schools from this point on. Providence has made his point, and if anyone wants to discuss it further they can start a new thread (be warned that you will be treading on very dangerous ground though).

This is about GPS Rugby and not the social tendencies of specific schools.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks Magpie, that's a great report. You mentioned you have seen a few games this year. Have you seen either Newington, Joey's or Kings to compare to the View team you saw on the weekend?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks for that Lee, from the brief snippets I have seen I rate Le Lievre, cool surname as well.

Newington team did look good from the vids, Nos 2,12,8,9and 13 look impressive. And having read through the Aus schools 2010 thread a few times I have become quite acquainted with Roach, Luani and Apo although I haven't seen them that much.

Might need to dig out some vids to watch Foketi, if you rate him that much then he ought to be worth the search.

Would love to see Joeys a backline akin to the 2006 godly backs featuring Kurtley "Gilbert" Beale, Peter Betham and Afu Taumoepeau at some stage in the near future. Seems they have fallen off a bit since 2007 with a drop in their aus schools reps

PS: Ironic that in the video i posted no.12's hands seem to be a key feature of his play, some nice touches in there.

B

baldingwingforward

PS: Ironic that in the video i posted no.12's hands seem to be a key feature of his play, some nice touches in there.

Apo hasn't passed the ball since :) He used up all his passes for 2010 and 2011 in one game

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Thanks for that Lee, from the brief snippets I have seen I rate Le Lievre, cool surname as well.

Newington team did look good from the vids, Nos 2,12,8,9and 13 look impressive. And having read through the Aus schools 2010 thread a few times I have become quite acquainted with Roach, Luani and Apo although I haven't seen them that much.

Might need to dig out some vids to watch Foketi, if you rate him that much then he ought to be worth the search.

Looks like you recognised 2. Roach who is in the Oz U/20 team. He is Super material if he becomes a big enough man. 12. Apolisi Latunipulu, to give him his full name, is also in the Oz U/20 team, and playing well in seniors for Southern Districts. Not bad for two boys from a Schools Ones team to make the Oz U/20 team the following year. 8. Luani has gone to league.

The 9. was Mark Bannon and the 13. was Brogan Roods, who folks are talking about as NSW material this year. One of the senior boys told me last year that 9 of their team would be returning in 2011, but I don't know how current that info is. It suffices to say that they will be handy when the season proper starts.

On Foketi: there won't be a lot of video on him. He wasn't at Kings last year. He made the U/16 tournament in 2010 through Sydney Juniors representing the Manly Roos village team. It's a wonder that St. Augustines didn't nab him: they don't miss a lot from round that way.

Talking of St. Augustines, the team that played in the hybrid union/league last Wedenesday: their 12. JJ Purcell was the NSW Is no.12 last year; so it's odds on he will be again - ahead of Foketi and others.

Apo was in the 2010 Twos. It was a quixotic selection; but let's not go there else the dogs will get out.

Apo hasn't passed the ball since :) He used up all his passes for 2010 and 2011 in one game

He was passing it for Southern Districts playing with and against grown men; so let's see how he goes for Nuci in the U/20s, though I must mention that he and Kingston were not a particularly happy midfield combination for the Junior Tahs.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Talking of St. Augustines, the team that played in the hybrid union/league last Wedenesday: their 12. JJ Purcell was the NSW Is no.12 last year; so it's odds on he will be again - ahead of Foketi and others.

From what i have seen of Purcell this year (in the Hybrid and against Waverley) he is in very good form and will deserve his position if he makes it. However, given the poor result from last year by NSW 1's he is no certainty (I hope the selectors stick with him).

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
He did look in form for that hybrid game, didn't he? I doubt if the league boys had seen many chip kicks from an opponent 30 metres out from his own line and regathered it too. What I like about JJ is that he is a good facilitator of others though I have a sneaky suspicion that he liked playing league the other night. It let him have a few greedy runs because he didn't have to worry about getting isolated.

But this is a GPS thread and Augies play in the ISA? Excuuuuse me.

M

magpie52

Thanks Magpie, that's a great report. You mentioned you have seen a few games this year. Have you seen either Newington, Joey's or Kings to compare to the View team you saw on the weekend?
No I haven't

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure where you got that from CTPE - View had 3 16s in the 1s last year and 1 in the 2nds... and 1 in the 1s this year and 1 in the 2nds...

Shore will do it as well. This is Jock Merrimans third year of Opens.
Scots tend to do it - Stewart last year.
Newington do it - this is Baldwins 3rd year of 1st XV. Pryor Lees was U16 last year as was Alan Alatoa and there are some 16s in the side atm, so plenty of schools do do it, but maybe you just don't realise who the players are.
If you are good enough you are old enough - especially if you are U16 in Yr 11 and only going to get one proper year of Opens.

Thanks BWF the information I got was obviously incorrect. Agree with your statement that if your good enough your old enough and can understand Yr 11 U16s wanting two shots at Opens rugby.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

I hear King's apparently aren't doing it either

Yes, they usually don't do it. The only ones in recent years that come to mind are Michael McDougall (2007) and Michael Freeman (2009) both who were in year 11 anyway.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Riverview vs Kings
Newington vs Joeys

Two very important matches that will give us a better scope of the competition this year.

also Scots vs Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.