• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
supporter

OPL played THP against Joeys though the programme could have been wrong and I didn't remember who he was from 2010. He missed most of last year.

Badboy

My remark to muffin about the 7 was a joke - he seemed so sure. I am 100% unsure except to say that some good players are going to miss out.

On Curtin - yeah Makasini is in the Joeys Twos when Curtin is fit.

On Pulver - don't know him at all.

Yep - no GPS rugby next weekend - it's a holiday weekend.

I wish they would stagger the trials so that some of the Ones game were held on Sunday - or even Friday afternoon starting half an hour earlier. Then we tragics could see a few more games and more players.

S

Sydneybra

can someone tell me about the combination between the two centers from Newington i have not seen a ga e of theirs but have heard people raving on constantly about the two. can some one elaborate in more detail what their strengths and weaknesses are?
They both have great combinations together playing NSW schools last year and probably league in the past. They are both very all round players without too many weaknesses, not saying they are perfect though. Both very hard tacklers, particularly Tepai who has dominated about every collision he has been in this year. Would not be surprised if they are the GPS 2s centres

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
LG: "I wish they would stagger the trials so that some of the Ones game were held on Sunday - or even Friday afternoon starting half an hour earlier. Then we tragics could see a few more games and more players."
Plenty of schoolboys rugby available for "we tragics" at the state champs this weekend. There'll be plenty of excellent match ups throughout the age groups & the finals at TG Millner on Monday are a must see. Looking forward to my trip to Sydney for the occasion.

PS. Apologies that this is not responsive to the GPS thread.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Prediction for GPS 1 Team
1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Pryor-Lees (N)
4. Rorke (I)
5. O' Donahue (J)
6. Dempsey (I)
7. Murphy, Goldie (J), Randle (K)
8. Whitely (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Foketi (K)
12. Stewart (S), Moeroa (N), Kay (J)
13. Barclay(J), Milne (N),
14. Wilde (J)
15. Kellaway (S)

Haven't seen shore play so lack of spots in my predicted team, also halfback will be hotly contested and Centres aswell with lots of combinations on offer

Based on what I saw on the weekend the suggested Riverview forwards would be chosen on reputation only as their current fitness levels are very poor and the rep games against CAS and CHS are only 2 weeks away.

New's David Morris and Shore's James Winton could be good smokies and Harry Randle will push very hard for the 7 spot. His team mate Harry Jones will be wearing the no 14.... As he showed on Saturday he can does things others can only dream about...will be very surprised if he is not playing at a much higher level in the next 3-5 years.

H

HarveyColon

Stick with Barclay and Stewart for one more year and give tepai and taane a turn next year as they are both u17's. their combination must be cultivated on the same level if they are to reach their full potential next year.

also watch out for the grammar v high games in a fortnight.....Angus Bishop a sturdy number 8 for grammar is a very dominant player who may indeed bench for gps 3's

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
OPL played THP against Joeys though the programme could have been wrong and I didn't remember who he was from 2010. He missed most of last year.
------------------
According to the programme he was name on #3 as the THP but in the game he pull on the #1 and play as LHP. I watched every New's game this year and he is playing as a LHP. To pick him on #3 and never play in this position before will be a big ask. There must be a reason why the New's first coaches doesn't give him a turn to trial as a THP (#3).

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS 2s backline will be
9. Lussick (Newington)
10. Deegan (Joeys)
11. Holmes? (Scots)
12. Moeroa (Newington)
13. Milne (Newington)
14 Redden (Riverview)
15. Jones (Kings)

E

elcapitano

random post is spot on i would have a more mature backline in the 1's and use the 2nd's team as a prep for next years backline. i also believe matt sandle has been left out of the prop conversation!

S

Sydneybra

Where is the big no. 8 from Joeys who played last year in year 10, he was a stand out and would be even bigger and stronger this season.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
You are probably thinking of Josh Schwager who played both 8 and in the 2nd row.

He has been injured but would probably be a walk up start in GPS based on last year's form.

Maybe one of the Joeys boys could tell us how his injury is progressing - and if he is in Yr 11 or 12 - I think it is Yr 12.

supporter

Thanks for your comment. I will have to re-calibrate as referee Craig Joubert would say. I can't see him getting the 1 jersey for the Ones ahead of Robertson, though my selection abilities over the last few years have been average at best.

PS

My whimsical post about staggering GPS trial games over weekends rather than just on Saturdays was for the individual schools. It would be good to be able to watch 4 GPS teams play on the same weekend. Won't happen though.

G

gps guru

Are the reports that Tom Murphy from Joeys is being poached by the Parramatta Eels true? Will be a big loss to the Rugby if it is, a very good player all round, a Shute shield berth didn't seem out of the question. We may see him in the Toyota Cup in the next two years though, would be interesting what position he would play.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
random post is spot on i would have a more mature backline in the 1's and use the 2nd's team as a prep for next years backline. i also believe matt sandle has been left out of the prop conversation!
I think redden may look a little higher than 2's and isn't Sandell out injured still? If not, he is better than good for THP. Very mobile.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Where is the big no. 8 from Joeys who played last year in year 10, he was a stand out and would be even bigger and stronger this season.

PS have just found out that Schwager has a painful muscular problem in his knee which also bothered him in the cricket season. It is feared that he may not play this rugby season.

B

Bundyon626

gps 1st team in my opinion:

1. Piggy robertson
2. harrry randle
3. oscar pryor lees
4. harry rorke
5.???
6. dempsey
7.???
8. whitely
9. curtain
10. horwitz
11. josh wilde
12. jim stewart
13 sam barclay
14. pople
15. kellaway

I was wondering if anyone knows how about many of these guys are in the NGS squad? Is there any other NGS GPS boys that anyone has seen that looks the goods for GPS 1,2,3 's??

Status
Not open for further replies.