Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good to see multiculturalism hasn't reared its ugly head on the north shoreFor any of those wondering about Shore's 1st XV this is what I've gathered from speaking to boys still there.
- Going off last years success (or complete lack thereof), the rugby program started in Term Four of last year (about two months earlier than last year) in order to prepare the boys better.
- They have 14 boys returning who played four or more games in the 1sts last year.
- They have approximately six boys (could be more if you include the 16's boys who played up) returning from last years 2nd XV.
Going off that, this is what I assume the 1st XV will look like, although I hear the side may be listed later this week.
1. Ben Hollebon - 1st XV 2013.
2. Olly Stump - 1st XV 2013.
3. Fergus Bragg - 2nd XV 2013 / Ryan Haskard - 2nd XV 2013 / Tom Holman - 2nd XV 2013.
4. Paddy Olver - 1st XV 2013 and GPS 3rds.
5. Lawson Muir - 1st XV 2013.
6. Henry Wrench - 1st XV 2013.
7. Jum Woodhil - 1st XV 2012 and 2013, alongside GPS 2nds 2013.
8. Nathan Lucas - 1st XV 2013, 2nd XV 2012.
9. Harry Emery - 1st XV 2013, 2nd XV 2012, GPS 3rds 2013.
10. Dom Naylor - 2nd XV 2013.
12. Charlie King - 1st XV 2013.
13. Toby Cooke - 1st XV 2013.
14. Matt Dowsett - 1st XV 2013.
15. Will Connelley - 1st XV 2013.
The back line may a bit off, but the forward pack (which I rate extremely highly) should be pretty much right. After this they still have Simon Litchfield (Halfback / Centre), James Doyle (2nd Row), Lachie Moore (2nd Row) and others returning from the 2nd XV.
If, touch wood, they are not plagued by injuries as they were in 2013, this should be a very competitive year. If, however, they are, perhaps Shore needs to look at the way they condition these boys in the preseason.