• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Is it a Shore humble pie?;)

Did it look like this?

humble-pie.jpg

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
eating my humble pie . re Kings over Newington

I am tipping Kings now to win the comp

Scots , a bit lucky is what I heard . they will need to play better if they are a title hope . however Shore is a quality team . a win for Shore will surely be coming soon

either way this years GPS comp is outstanding . and don't agree with whoever thought this years standard is down on previous years

GPS will put together an excellent rep team

No humble pie required SonnyDill.
Sounded like a close tussle.
Newington are very much a threat to all.
In fact with Joeys winning today and Shore coming so close, any of the teams could beat each other on the day.
The most competitive GPS in years.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Another 3 close games.
A New try on full time and a bad day for the Kings kicker made that game look closer than it really was. The try count was lopsided for most of the game.

New: Some good big players who will bother all teams; sometimes lack continuity in attack - rely too much on one out big boy running and need to offload more; at least a couple of try's out wide to K after N players came out of the line. the 1,2,3 are standouts.

Kings: 9 had a bad day with the boot, the 4,5 and 8 are big but the remainder of the forwards are small. The remainder get away with it because they are great footballers; the 6 and 7 need to work extra hard because the brilliant 8 likes to run wider which sometimes leave K flimsy at the breakdown; the 6 is in year 11 so can understand why they were outplayed against View who have a strong back row; the 8 showed superior pace and skill than the New outside backs to score a great try. This is blasphemy but the 15 would make an awesome AFL player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Just by the by, the View 6, Charlie Rorke is also in year 11. But there is no shame in being outplayed by him - he's a freak who has outplayed pretty much every GPS back rower this season.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Joeys do them too, but by a student and not by employing expensive imports like Phil Gould and having it produced by a PR firm.

Can confirm he came in voluntarily, and the boys who made it were past and present Riverview boys. Get your facts right before you make outrageous comments like this

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Joeys do them too, but by a student and not by employing expensive imports like Phil Gould and having it produced by a PR firm.

Also that video clearly has clips taken from another Riverview boys work (bottom left corner)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Today's game against Newington was the last game with coach Alex Smith who leaves TAS at the end of term. Most of the team he has coached since the 15s. This is a shot from the game.
TAS v Newington.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.