• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Armchair Selector you may as well hit us up your GPS Seconds ?
Its been 2 weeks since the last set of predictions. So with 1 round to go before selections are finalised, here are my predictions for GPS Firsts based on the form I have seen (be gentle)

1. Edwards (E)
2. Jeavons (S)
3. Helu (N)
4. Brown (K)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Green (S)
7. Pietsch (K)
8. Fenn (I)
9. Haskins (E)
10. Wilkinson (J)
11. Day (J)
12. Jaffer-Williams (J)
13. Terry (I)
14. Taukomo (N)
15. Osborne (K)

@ACS I think that is looking pretty close (backs very close). I cant see Rorke not making it (from the 1 game I saw). Not sure about the 10, I thought Riverview 10 also very strong. Not sure Tyrone will be a certainty, did play well last week but apparently quiet first 3 rounds (playing centre)

Very balanced team with each school contributing

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yup the trials of late night ruminations.... Take 2

Armchair Selector said:
Hard enough doing the Firsts!

1. Todd (S)
2. Lombardi (K)
3. ? Anyone got an opinion with experience in the dark arts..
4. Crawford (S)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Rorke (I)
7. Serhon (N)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10.Shannon (S)
11. Pirina (I)
12. Reilly (J)
13. Lawson (N)
14. Smeallie (I)
15. Simonson (N)

Apologies to Grammar and TAS, I havent seen their games. I saw High..​
I always thought Lawson was good, but didnt know he could cover 2 positions at the same time​
GPS 2nd XV MK2​
1. Todd (S)
2. Lombardi (K)
3. Cutler ? (I)
4. Crawford (S)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Rorke (I)
7. Serhon (N)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10.Shannon (S)
11. Pirina (I)
12. Reilly (J)
13. Orpen? (K)
14. Smeallie (I)
15. Simonson (N)

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS Firsts Prediction
1. Cutler (I)
2. Jeavons (S)
3. Helu (N)
4. Brown (K)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Rorke (I)
7. Pietsch (K)
8. Fenn (I)
9. Haskins (E)
10. Wilkinson (J)
11. Taukomo (N)
12. Jaffer-Williams (J)
13. Terry (I)
14. Smeallie (I)
15. Simonsson (N)
Seconds:
1. Edwards (E)
2. Lombardi (K)
4. Crawford (S)
5. Silk (I)
6. Green (S)
7. Serhon (N)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10. Lenehan (I)
11. Day (J)
12. Orpen (K)
13. Lawson (N)
14. Pirina (I)
15. Osborne (K)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
shore pie 2.jpg
Ahhhh, cant wait for this Saturday for the annual pilgrimage to Pie Mecca.

I will be camped in the bottom right hand corner of this photo getting me some serious canteen action!!!

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hard enough doing the Firsts!

1. Todd (S)
2. Lombardi (K)
3. ? Anyone got an opinion with experience in the dark arts..
4. Crawford (S)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Rorke (I)
7. Serhon (N)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10.Shannon (S)
11. Pirina (I)
12. Reilly (J)
13. Lawson (N)
14. Smeallie (I)
15. Simonson (N)

Apologies to Grammar and TAS, I havent seen their games. I saw High..

Re No. 3. For GPS 2nds. I reckon Scots 3. Darcy Breen would be worth considering. Reckon he could even make GPS 1sts next season, as only in year 11. Is new to front row though. Was Scots 16As No. 8 last season. But has been the rock in Scots front row this season in my opinion and they shoved New around a few times and smashed Joeys. But is also very good defender and ball Runner. Scored 3 tries in Scots 7s too

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Re No. 3. For GPS 2nds. I reckon Scots 3. Darcy Breen would be worth considering. Reckon he could even make GPS 1sts next season, as only in year 11. Is new to front row though. Was Scots 16As No. 8 last season. But has been the rock in Scots front row this season in my opinion and they shoved New around a few times and smashed Joeys. But is also very good defender and ball Runner. Scored 3 tries in Scots 7s too

Is Jeavons-Fellows in year 11?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
GPS Firsts Prediction
1. Cutler (I)
2. Jeavons (S)
3. Helu (N)
4. Brown (K)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Rorke (I)
7. Pietsch (K)
8. Fenn (I)
9. Haskins (E)
10. Wilkinson (J)
11. Taukomo (N)
12. Jaffer-Williams (J)
13. Terry (I)
14. Smeallie (I)
15. Simonsson (N)
Seconds:
1. Edwards (E)
2. Lombardi (K)
4. Crawford (S)
5. Silk (I)
6. Green (S)
7. Serhon (N)
8. Lawson (N)
9. Brown (K)
10. Lenehan (I)
11. Day (J)
12. Orpen (K)
13. Lawson (N)
14. Pirina (I)
15. Osborne (K)
I think Lawson will be selected as a loose forward. I don't think he will be selected for a rep team in a position he doesn't normally play. I am not sure if he has played center in the past. I am pretty sure he was put there to improve the mid field defense last Saturday.

I haven't seen the Grammar lad but if the hype is to be believed then that would be his spot.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Lawson will be selected as a loose forward. I don't think he will be selected for a rep team in a position he doesn't normally play. I am not sure if he has played center in the past. I am pretty sure he was put there to improve the mid field defense last Saturday.

I haven't seen the Grammar lad but if the hype is to be believed then that would be his spot.

Lawson used to play in the centres in the 16s and I think younger than that not entirely sure

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No love for Sheldon (G) in the AAGPS rep teams from the keyboard clipboards?

He was selected to AAAPS Blue or White, and promoted to White or Blue for the Friday games as a Y10 player in 2014. Crueled by injury last season but should be available for selection this season in his Y12 year.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
No love for Sheldon (G) in the AAGPS rep teams from the keyboard clipboards?

He was selected to AAAPS Blue or White, and promoted to White or Blue for the Friday games as a Y10 player in 2014. Crueled by injury last season but should be available for selection this season in his Y12 year.

See post 1745 - But I have never seen him play just going on hype

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Completely agree. Is an absolute shoo-in for AAGPS 1st XV at 10 or 12, last year would have made 2nds if not for a horrific knee injury.
Playing in the thirds comp might hurt his chances a bit. He is a real talent nevertheless.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jack Maddocks played in the 3rd XV competition for Scots in his Y12 in 2014. Didn't seem to harm his chances much in post school rugby.
He had a fair number of starts in First Grade (Shute Shield) for the Beasties in his first year out of school (2015), and was a stand out performer for NSW and Australia U20's this year.

Cream is cream.

Playing in a 3rd XV comp in Y12, is not a handicap for talented players.

No hype. I have seen the player in question as a Y10 boy playing rep schoolboy rugby against Y12 players who were playing regular AAGPS 1st XV Competition games, and he was not out of place.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I seriously find it very difficult to fault GPS rep predictions posted above. Would name similar teams myself.

At same time I'm struggling to reconcile why the team coming equal second right now has same number of nominations as team coming last and half that of a team coming second last.

Status
Not open for further replies.