• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Debating 2023

B

BobJones

As Eastside and ISDA come to a close, what are everyone's predictions for CAS and GPS?

B

BobJones

My GPS Prediction obviously wins are hard to predict, so just an educated guess:
1. Grammar (7/7 wins) - Simply has been the best for so long
2. Joeys (5/7 wins) - Good ISDA run, and solid team/coach
3. The View (5/7) - Very, very nice ISDA Season
4. SBHS (4/7 wins) - Unlucky in Eastside, but that has never been a good indicator
5. Scots (3/7 wins) - Don't particularly think they are too strong - lack any solid speakers
6. Shore (3/7 wins) - Depends on what they do with their state speaker
7. Kings (1/7 wins) - Suboptimal ISDA season
8. Newington (0/7 wins) - Historically not too strong

The Bait

Allen Oxlade (6)
As Eastside and ISDA come to a close, what are everyone's predictions for CAS and GPS?
CAS will come down to Barker v Aloys, GPS is very hard to pick and will come from Grammar/View/Joeys/Scots in no particular order.

As I’ve mentioned before, CAS will be very strong and I think the CAS firsts rep team could go through undefeated.

As for the ISDA grand final, Grammar have wobbled into it barely beating a weakened Barker. They’ve had a great season but I think their luck is about to run out tomorrow night.

InterestedBystander

Frank Nicholson (4)
No results table yet but based off ISDA form, SCEGGS easily with Abbotsleigh the threat. IGSA rep team will have their work cut out for them this year with a strong CAS and GPS.
You clearly have not seen this year’s ISDA results. In addition, Archdale team members are not the same as the ISDA team members.

You clearly have not seen this year’s ISDA results. In addition, Archdale team members are not the same as the ISDA team members.
Actually quite a number of schools nominate their ISDA team to take part in Archdale once their ISDA team has been knocked out or sometimes has one team running both ISDA and Archdale comps at the same time. Archdale is also on Tuesday evenings so it is quite possible that ISDA members can debate on Tuesdays. 'The Bait' makes a good point about ISDA form translating over to Archdale. Although not all schools do this, a surprising amount use their ISDA team for Archdale.

The Bait

Allen Oxlade (6)
Clearly you too have not seen this year’s ISDA results.
I would like to point out some obvious flaws in the opposition’s case.
SCEGGS finish equal highest girls school on 4 wins but with highest win margin of 8. SCEGGS win ISDA B last year with same team going into Archdale. Abbotsleigh 3 wins ISDA but have won ISDA 3 times for this age group- again same team for Archdale. That is why I’m proud to negate.

CommandOfThe21st

Frank Row (1)
I would like to point out some obvious flaws in the opposition’s case.
SCEGGS finish equal highest girls school on 4 wins but with highest win margin of 8. SCEGGS win ISDA B last year with same team going into Archdale. Abbotsleigh 3 wins ISDA but have won ISDA 3 times for this age group- again same team for Archdale. That is why I’m proud to negate.
Sounds reasonable