• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Parata played 10 on the weekend for Tasman - and looked handy.
Ok, I thought he had gone back to Aus. Must admit didn't see Tasman on weekend, but if he gets a run of games for them it will be a plus for Force.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Having a read of my Rugby News , and interested to see Brock James is assistant coach of Hawkes Bay, I think that another good step for him in coaching career.
By geez when you read through team lists etc, you see why it's such a bloody good comp (and I biased as it my favourite comp), you see a lot of super players coming into teams (and a couple of Aussie players too) , a number coming back for off season from Japan and USA, a few more just coming home and combining with young players out of club rugby it's so bloody good!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez after being at Naki game on Sunday, I just catching up with Wellinton-BOP game just now. Bloody good entertaining game, and have to say like the look of thei kid playing at 8 for Wellington. BOP looking a well balanced team, as too are Wellington who's biggest problem would seem to be at prop.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Geez after being at Naki game on Sunday, I just catching up with Wellinton-BOP game just now. Bloody good entertaining game, and have to say like the look of the kid playing at 8 for Wellington. BOP looking a well balanced team, as too are Wellington who's biggest problem would seem to be at prop.

He was a standout for the NZ U20s in their games in Australia a month or so ago. Agree he really catches the eye.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He was a standout for the NZ U20s in their games in Australia a month or so ago. Agree he really catches the eye.
He would be somone to watch in a couple of years I thinking. If Canes remember to actually sign him he will be worth having.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Round 2:

Hawke’s Bay v Counties Manukau (Ranfurly Shield)

Friday 12 August

7.05pm, McLean Park, Napier

Referee: Ben O’Keeffe

Otago v Tasman

Saturday 13 August

2.05pm, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Referee: Dan Waenga

Northland v Waikato

Saturday 13 August

4.35pm, Semenoff Stadium, Whangārei

Referee: Stu Curran

Canterbury v Wellington

Saturday 13 August

7.05pm, Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch

Referee: James Doleman

Bay of Plenty v Taranaki

Sunday 14 August

2.05pm, Tauranga Domain

Referee: Brendon Pickerill

Southland v Auckland

Sunday 14 August

2.05pm, Invercargill Rugby Park

Referee: Jono Bredin

North Harbour v Manawatū

Sunday 14 August

4.35pm, North Harbour Stadium

Referee: Paul Williams Marcus

Otago v Hawke’s Bay

Wednesday 17 August

7.05pm, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Referee: Marcus Playle

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hawke's Bay wearing that monstrosity of a shirt & it looks fucking awful.

Edit: TJ just explained that there's a charity TradeMe auction aspect to the shirts which is commendable but doesn't alter the fact of how fucking awful they look. If you want a unique-looking shirt get a class of eight- & nine year-olds onto it & have @Dismal Pillock judge the winner (with @zer0 getting the job of making sure Dismal doesn't slip one of his creations into the entries).

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that was a good shield challenge last night. Been away a few days but still managed to catch game, bloody good!

Got home just in time for Otago-Tasman game, and coming into oranges Otago up 11-8 and looking ok too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I didn't see that result coming, well done Otago. 25-19!
In interest to Aussies I think Parata Campbell played well for Tasman and Force will get some value out of him.
I personally liked the look of the young Otago No 10 too.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Limited sample size but from what I've seen the refs seem to be managing the water breaks quite well & there don't seem to be too many take-a-knee SA-style piss-takes. As long as the latter continues to be the case & it's strictly reffed I'm not as anti it as I thought I'd be when it was announced.

Edit: similarly I don't hate the new TMO protocol all that much, either.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Don't think I've ever seen a match held up by a fire alarm before...

IMG_1164.JPG

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually WOB, was down in the mighty Nua on weekend and after watching O'Keefe ref the Countie's shield challenge, was having a talk to rugby man from down there, who was telling me when O'Keefe moved to Paraparaumu beginning of last year, he contacted Nua refs association to see if there were and subs to join them. Was told no but made sure when he got break from super games he wanted to do a local club game, did Shannon/Waikanae, players pretty pleased with how good he was, then followed it up having a feed and and a few beers in clubrooms aftermatch.
Good to see I thought.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_1164.JPG

Turns out the 20-minute holdup during Stags v Auks was due to someone in the Southland Supporters Club rooms leaving a cheese roll in the toaster oven too long. Poor bugger will probably have to go into hiding if his name come out, overcooking a cheese roll is a serious offence in those parts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested watching shield game on Fiday night, as it kept coming to my mind ,I not convinced the 2 young 9s we got in ABs are better than Weber, he really is playing well, and I thought he did for MABs

Status
Not open for further replies.