• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Obituaries

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Ollie Hall, played for Wellington, Yeoval, the Guerie Goats, Manly and a Wallaby. Went on acting, played Tiny in the mini-series 'Fields of Fire' and was one of Tina Turner's body-guards in 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome', then was a crewman on 'Condor' when it won the Sydney to Hobart. In later years worked in the coal industry in the Hunter Valley, training heavy machine operators. Passed away at 67 after a long battle with Cancer.

My favourite story of Ollie came from a young guy who worked for me, used to be a ball boy at Manly. He said after every first grade game, Ollie would come back to the ball boys with a can of coke each and sit and have a yarn with them. Ollie was an old mate, a massive human but a very gentle soul.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Ollie Hall, played for Wellington, Yeoval, the Guerie Goats, Manly and a Wallaby. Went on acting, played Tiny in the mini-series 'Fields of Fire' and was one of Tina Turner's body-guards in 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome', then was a crewman on 'Condor' when it won the Sydney to Hobart. In later years worked in the coal industry in the Hunter Valley, training heavy machine operators. Passed away at 67 after a long battle with Cancer.

My favourite story of Ollie came from a young guy who worked for me, used to be a ball boy at Manly. He said after every first grade game, Ollie would come back to the ball boys with a can of coke each and sit and have a yarn with them. Ollie was an old mate, a massive human but a very gentle soul.

Sounds like a great guy.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maradona has carked it. Holy shit.

200.gif

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
60's pretty young but he packed in a whole lot of living. Looked like he was having a very good time at the RWC last year.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Simply sycophant central in the UK about the Duke of Edinburgh's death.

Several BBC TV and radio channels have cancelled their normal programming for rolling titbits about him.

I'd hate to think what they will be like when Brenda pops her clogs.

Bozo must be loving this dead (pun intended) cat to divert attention away from his omnishambles of Brexit and of Covid.

Some of his racist remarks:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-philip-quotes-jokes-gaffes-b1829205.html?r=72814

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Vale Lucky Phil
We are very saddened at the loss of a vital member of the Hey Hey family who passed away on the weekend.
Phil Lambert, aka Lucky Phil, started at GTV9 way back in 1969. Working hard he quickly rose to the level of cameraman at a time when variety shows, game shows, drama shows as well as news programs were thriving. There was no better training ground, as different programmes demanded different skill sets. Phil excelled at all genres and was in demand as a host cameraman, especially on Hey Hey It’s Saturday, where framing myself and Ossie, while avoiding Ernie Carroll (Ossie’s right hand man), was no easy task.
Phil also had another talent, whether on camera or floor managing he would react naturally to being put on the spot, throwing in a line or a tag to an old joke, even singing an old standard. In short he fitted in so well he had his own fan base. He pretty much spanned the entire 30 year life of the show and in 2019 celebrated his 50th year at the Network.
We will miss him dearly and we send our love to Kara, Michael and family.
May he rest in peace.
Daryl

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh fuck me Norm Macdonald has died.

9 years of cancer ffs did he even tell anyone. You were supposed to tell someone you had cancer, Norm.

This one really hits hard

Probably the most naturally funny entertainer I can think of. After about 30 mins down his youtube rabbit holes you are just With Norm and dont want to go anywhere else on the internet for hours and hours on end.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Showing my age here but I'll always associate Bat with the kind of girls who were too Bogan for Grease but not quite Bogan enough for Dirty Deeds. And yes, he was a spectacular Eddie in Rocky Horror.