• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Olympics

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
From The Australian:
It’s GOLD again for Australia in the women’s 4x100m freestyle relay... and a new world record! Incredible performance from Cate & Bronte Campbell, Emma Mckeon and Brittany Elmslie.

That's some achievement. Well done girls.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Guide to 2004 Athens Olympics.
indian.jpg
--by Thanasis Gunston.
Join Olympic Spirit on this day in 2004!
aeef31a2-7ea1-4da3-b487-9ee240ca0d09-2060x1236.jpeg
Marijuana Growing Race.
No gold medals today.
f9959864-e295-45f0-8553-58ee4b44ee22-2060x1236.jpeg
Olympic Ski Jump "Game of Chicken".
Mano e mano and crash!
cb026e1f-7f7d-4f1b-97a6-0edb6fa5226d-2060x1236.jpeg
Olympic Diving.
Chair is for judge.
10 out of 10!
01e3aaaf-9fdd-4e84-b8c8-cb07a72195e4-1360x2040.jpeg
Greek Ski Slalom. Grates to drain excess snow. Olympics is grate.
4a454e6a-7537-4f44-b45d-9a8d40af7be7-2060x1361.jpeg
Olympic Rodeo. No bulls today. Economy is bad. Try again tomorrow.
57613765-2831-4fde-a96e-5b7a6b0eee6f-2060x1236.jpeg
Gymnastic. Can you land on feet? Are you athlete? FUCKING JUMP NOW!
2a27072d-e472-4415-bcef-b56707aa0c93-1360x2040.jpeg
Shot Putt event. You pick up brick and you throw.
84b07ddb-d9c7-4682-83dc-2e1c83fb9918-2060x1236.jpeg
New Olympic Event.
"White Manhole Hunt".
"I see it! I see it there in foreground! Gold medal please."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Local Ski Jumper Loses Track Of Time One Afternoon And Forgets To Report For Winter Olympics

--Times--
A local ski jumper reportedly "got a bit carried away at home with something or other" and completely forgot to report for the Winter Olympics. He had been selected to compete in the ski jump event. "Yes, I'd put my ski's on, ready to go, and then started in on something else and completely lost track of the time I'm afraid" reported the absent-minded git.​
anech1_zpsido1pdcl.jpg
The local ski jumper, pictured above in the midst of doing something else,
having completely forgotten he was supposed to be at the Winter Olympics that day.
"Yes, I'd repaired to my Wife Shut Up Room to recalibrate my Decibel Particler that I use to reduce some of the noise the mad woman emits after we've had a row. She's got her own version of the room next door in which she presumably does the same thing."​
anech2_zpsju3gw9t3.png
"Husband. Can you hear me? Don't forget to go to the Winter Olympics. Stupid wanker."

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Biennial bump. It seems the little aussie battler is having another hosting tilt.

Fair enough.

Guide to 2032 Brisbane Olympics.

Coates.png

--by Hatzis Gunston.

5 track events each for men and women is plenty and replacing a couple of niche track events with BMX is a great idea. The BMX is a good event and provides more diversity.
The BMX was actually OK and I got on board.

Apparently breakdancing has now been added as an Olympic medal sport. This might be where I receive my "Get off my lawn" card. Has the Olympics jumped the shark?

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Wowee. Just give Chandler and QEII a lick of paint and it's ready to go!

Imagine: King Wally doing laps of the opening ceremony at Lang Park (think Pope JPII in his latter years), while Kelvin Grove State School year 4 play Sandstorm on their recorders.

The world press scratching their heads as #8inarow and #neverforget spike on Google search, even though Google was broken up 20 years ago and hashtags went with the boomers.

Beach Volleyball on the mudflats at Wynnum, the speakers pumping Yacht Rock played by 4KQ.

The demonstration sport of spud cannon.

The possibilities are endless.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Meh. The Summer Olympics has dressage and synchronised swimming. It's hard to jump the shark.
If breakdancing is *replacing* synchronised swimming then I'll put the water-skis away (for a short time only) and get back to you. Otherwise, it doesn't look good with the crapola factor just increasing.

Dressage? Sure, it's a bit crap but more and more it will just fit right in.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Olympic athletes will not be required to self-isolate for two weeks on arrival to help them prepare for the Games set to begin on July 23, but they must restrict themselves to their accommodation and sports venues.

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mid-June IOC public statement prediction prayer:
"Due to the host nations lack of urgency in regards to adminstering Covid 19 vaccines, and their inability to get even 2% of their own citizens inoculated, we the IOC have been left with no recourse other than to cancel the 2020 Olympic Games. To the Japanese government, you have only yourselves to blame you lazy, old, deluded, mentally-hamstrung clutch of fucking dickheads".

First day of Olympics:
"Within 15 minutes of the Olympic Games starting, an athlete has tested positive for Covid 19. The American national is believed to have arrived at Narita Airport having flown to Japan aboard a 747 packed with his fellow athletes. He refused to wear a mask during the flight.

All Olympic athletes must now quarantine inside their Japan hotel rooms for 2 weeks.

Oh.

The Olympic Games only go for 2 weeks.

That means they're already over.

60 trillion dollars down the shitter.

Uhhh, okay, see you dickheadz in 2024!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ life imitates art

"A Ugandan team member, reportedly a coach, tested positive on Saturday at Tokyo's Narita airport and was quarantined there. But the rest of the nine-person team was allowed to travel more than 500 kilometers on a chartered bus to their pre-Olympics camp in the western prefecture of Osaka.

"Three days later, a second Ugandan also tested positive for the virus, forcing seven town officials and drivers who had close contact with the team to self-isolate. The team members were quarantined at a local hotel.

"Concerns escalated after it was announced that both Ugandans had the delta variant of the virus, which is believed to spread more easily."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/30034...ols-as-ugandan-olympic-athlete-tests-positive

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Injured Local Man Sues Violent, Insensitive Foreigner.

--Japan Today--

The Olympic official knocked down while trying to cross the BMX course during a race today has immediately filed lawsuits with the IOC and the Hague in the Netherlands.

"Stupid baka gaijin fail to give way to pedestrian" said the aged gentleman. "Stupid aho on stolen kiddies bicycle does not know road rules of Japan. Now my leg has nasty bump on it. This gaijin is Dutch oven brain. I file lawsuit with Hague in Netherlands, his hometown. Baka gaijin face deportation back to Tulip Town and stand trial in Hague for war crime against my leg. Japan is again victim of unsolicited attack from insensitive gaijin. First Hiroshima, now this."

tokyo-olympics-2020-bmx-racing-dutch-gold-medal-favourite-niek-kimmann-hits-official-in-scary-crash1627356414.jpg

Footage showing idiot gaijin on stolen kiddies bicycle clearly running down defenseless local old man in broad daylight.

When told he had nearly knocked the BMX gold medal favourite out of the Olympics, the injured local gentleman replied "Olympic? What Olympic? Tokyo Olympic Game was in 1964, moran. I remember clearly, it was bright sunny day and also many baka gaijin were in town that day too..."

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have a relo that competes in equestrian. Peeps have no idea how hard dressage is for both horse and rider.

That all being said I'd love to see a dressage performance to music like this (even though this wasnt the actual music used).