• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Phil Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
With all the discussion about the Force coaching job I haven't heard his name mentioned once. Quick background shows that he has coached at Souths and Manly at club level and then the force as an assistant and the Wallabies also in an assistant role.
I wonder where to now for a guy like him. Surely he has some idea of how to attack considering his playing background. This should also help him read a defence as well. Unfortunately for coaches in Australia there aren't too many gigs, ask Tim Lane or Todd Louden.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
My main point is what are the ARU doing about improving our coaching stocks? Not sure they are doing much.
It starts with the Foundation course followed by Level 1 and then Level 2. Once you hit Level 2 you are in limbo unless invited by Robilliard to do your Level 3. Therefore the majority of coaches are locked out from being upskilled. Yes you can find internet resources to help but I wonder whether there should be steps put in place to help individual coaches reach a level that might be of benefit to Australian rugby.
In Australia we have a number of coaches who cant get a gig here, therefore they have to take their knowledge overseas where more often than not they improve. These guys are lost to Australian Rugby for long periods. It would be beneficial for Australian Rugby in my opinion if they received the level of support here first before they move overseas.
Lastly if any of you have been to an ARU endorsed coaching course you will find some presenters to be hacks.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Since we favour league like 5/8s at all levels of the game and ignore/reject the constructive facilitator favoured in NZ we may as well appoint him to the highest possible coaching job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't think that is fair IS, The wobs defence improved under his watch.
He did a great job with Manly Marlins before that.
He has the support of most people from the Force.
Despite his prior history in that game. he appears to add value wherever he goes.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think that is fair IS, The wobs defence improved under his watch.
He did a great job with Manly Marlins before that.
He has the support of most people from the Force.
Despite his prior history in that game. he appears to add value wherever he goes.
My comment was only directed to what we expect of 5/8's in attack.
Big Job being head coach at any s. 15 franchise - even compared to the Marlins.

Status
Not open for further replies.