• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Genia questions the TMO decision on Gill's try. Have to agree on that one too.
I'm still hating on Goddard for a game he reffed a couple of seasons ago but he got served up big time there by Kaplan. He answered the question he was asked correctly just surprised he didn't take matters into his own hands like other TMO's have decided to do lately

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I think regardless on whether the ref and TMO decision was bad, we still would have lost because of dropped balls and not the best of games from some of the forwards and backs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm still hating on Goddard for a game he reffed a couple of seasons ago but he got served up big time there by Kaplan. He answered the question he was asked correctly just surprised he didn't take matters into his own hands like other TMO's have decided to do lately

Goddard was an awful ref, he had quite a few shockers. Goddard was also head of the refs association when he was reffing, a huge conflict of interest. Goddard used award himself the Sydney club final each year, no matter how bad or (rarely) good he was reffing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yup, Reds were toast no matter on the Gill no try decision and lack of yellow.

The Sharks beat them in the first 25, with two great tries and Lucas off injured.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Link refused to be drawn into complaining about the ref after a leading question from Kafer.

Link also defending his Frisby decision, saying that's how they trained all year and that Harris was struggling with a head knock so I assume he didn't want to push him to 10.

Still think he got that wrong as Frisby really didn't offer much from halfback and his service was very hesitant.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Goddard was an awful ref, he had quite a few shockers. Goddard was also head of the refs association when he was reffing, a huge conflict of interest. Goddard used award himself the Sydney club final each year, no matter how bad or (rarely) good he was reffing.
Doesn't surprise me for guy that spent a whole match telling players how it was "MY GAME" while making a complete balls up of it

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gill was off his feet when he picked the ball up.

If that was the case then it was a blatant penalty to the Reds for Bismarck having a knee on the ground and the other player not releasing.

If the ball was over the line I don't think that Gill actually needs to be on his feet.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
The Sharks blew us off the park in the first 10

Bad decision to push Will to 10. In the post game Horwill stated it was to get more width into the attack but at the expense of playing the comps best 9 out of position? The strangeness of this decision is compounded when you consider that Harris is a very good 10 in his own right and we had taps on the bench to step into 12. Anyway it blew up in our faces and turned our attack into an unstructured mess which the Sharks defended very, very well. A really disappointing way to end the great run we were on.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Link refused to be drawn into complaining about the ref after a leading question from Kafer.

Link also defending his Frisby decision, saying that's how they trained all year and that Harris was struggling with a head knock so I assume he didn't want to push him to 10.

Still think he got that wrong as Frisby really didn't offer much from halfback and his service was very hesitant.

Agree Frisby too often takes a couple of steps towards the player he's going to pass it to. Not only does it result in slow ball, but it also tells the defence who he's going to pass to.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Frisby just looked like a guy who'd spent most of the season on the bench or playing a position other than 9

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I actually thought Frisby went alright. But what was Link thinking bring him on an moving Genia to fly half, that was just plain fucking stupid.

But The Sharks were the better side by a mile, they deserved to win. I'm backing them to beat the Stormers after that.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sadly, can't see the Sharks winning from here due to travel.

If they beat the Stormers, then they have to travel to NZ the following week. Just can't see any team coping with that amount of travel.

Best of luck to them though. Their offloading tonight was sublime.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuck this, I'm turning it off and logging out. Just a shitty way for the Reds to have their season end. Sandbagged by SANZAR, fucked over by the TMO and then screwed by a Ref who left his cards and his balls, along with his integrity, in the change room.

Why is it that every Reds' game is affected by a SANZAR refereeing conspiracy?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Frisby just looked like a guy who'd spent most of the season on the bench or playing a position other than 9

He played fullback for the u-20's didn't he, perhaps a bit rusty. I sometimes forget that Genia has a rocket pass because I just remember his equally impressive running game.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
1/ Congratulations Sharks. That was a bloody good performance both tactically and in execution. Both coaches and players deserve full credit for that one.

2/ Commiserations Will Genia. The little fella was friggin' outstanding in a losing side and out of position.

3/ Get stuffed Kaplan. You are pathetic as is SANZAR for putting you there. Your question to the video ref is just more evidence of why you are an idiot. Try or no try would of sufficed.

4/ Why Link? Why make a bad situation worse by moving Genia out instead of Harris in? Why take our goal kicker off when we are 17 points down? Was it injury?

5/ Looks like the Reds got what they deserved. They looked cocky and I guess we were going to just show up as a formality as the home ground advantage and the winning record were going to get us through. We did not look to respect our opposition and we payed the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.