• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2019

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
What’s happening with Ralston. Is he signed with the Force? Is Kibble eligible?
I think Ralston, Flook, Creighton and Roach may be called in the initial squad. Looking at the numbers in the initial squad from last year, there will be a few. That was ridiculous.

Kibble eligible. But has some serious rehab to be done over next 6 months if reports are correct about him having shoulder surgery recently.

I would also add in Cooper Whiteside to the potential list.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who do we have as the early Top 4 Contenders?

My thoughts;

1) Brothers
2) UQ
3) Sunnybank
4) Souths

GPS/Bond could also force their way in.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
With Colts being U20's next year , it's hard to see the top 4 changing much from this year.

Guess it depends on how many end up playing senior footy instead of another year of Colts.

Will obviously be harder to the lads straight out of school to get a spot in Colts 1 .

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Who do we have as the early Top 4 Contenders?

My thoughts;

1) Brothers
2) UQ
3) Sunnybank
4) Souths

GPS/Bond could also force their way in.

I think it will depend largely on how many boys progress onto Senior footy rather that stay the extra year in Colts.

I cannot see Bond or GPS moving up the ladder as both were poor last year.

Wests are the club that could move up as this year you will be looking for clubs that are going to mature rather than the School boy superstars. I predict that this year will be the one where clubs will build on last year rather than move dramatically.

Word is UQ have recruited very hard as they don't like where they have gone over the last two years.
Brothers are very well organised and have the northside pretty well sorted getting the majority of Nudgee and GT.
Souths have recruited pretty hard but have the provenance winning both colts 1 and 2 last year.
Sunnybank I expect to drop as I think they have had a change of coach.
Wests are working hard on recruitment and are building
Bond have all of the ingredients but just cannot seem to bake the cake.
Easts are struggling to get meaningful numbers
Norths are trying hard but cannot seem to compete with Brothers
GPS to struggle the biggest issue that have is unless you are from Ashgrove it is difficult to get to so are my pick with Norths for the spoon.

S

Sgt Slaughter

^^^^And don’t forget Joshua Russell 2018/19 starting 15 UQ Colts 1 - also starting 15 for the national U19 URC Brisbane City Champions. UQ make no apologies where players have to earn their stripes

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ also reported have BBC's Lucas Ripley for next season , plus the continued development of Mitch Bell recently named in the U18 Aus 7's team.

Will end up a pretty slick backline.