• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Pinetree

Frank Nicholson (4)
Standards have certainly dropped on this thread perhaps 1 or 2 posters need to take a break as they can be seen on every thread posting and feeling the need to comment on everything, like some kind of expert in Qld Schools rugby, AIC, GPS, CAS you name it,,,,and you know who you are....take a break and don't take comments so personally,

no need to name and shame boys, schools or other posters

Ok let me have it now...

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Sneak view of Rugby premiership favourites.

ScreenHunter 90 Jun. 14.jpg

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess Wilson , Jock and Jesse will get their shot next year

So there is always that

It's a great list Taipan168 , and thanks for sharing - 11 back out of TSS's 23 next year but not much in their 16A's outside of a couple of key guys so will have to rely on similar profile of lads from Seconds and this year's 15A's

Random question - but any idea how many in Nudgee's 23 will be back next year ? ( I'm guessing 6 to 7 ? ) Their 16A's will be pretty good this year and should finish 1st or 2nd

Terrace , I think , will have a few more coming back in their 23 (should be around 8 ) but will probably have to rely on a few key guys in their 15A's to step up

BBC's number seems like it will 13 guys out of the 23 returning and a bunch from this year's 16A's that will battle it out with Nudgee . Pretty good talent in the 15A's notwithstanding some early season injury disappointments

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
Can anyone enlighten what impact of the coming ATAR system will have on those schools (ie. TSS) that play the completing Grades 11-12 over three years?

Ali Barber

Allen Oxlade (6)
I find the level of expertise and understanding of schoolboy sport espoused by some parents/posters also very humorous.

I can only assume that these are ex-wallaby's or are level 3 coaches that have experience at the highest/elite level of the sport.
Being an Ex-Wallaby at any coaching level or any coach whether level 1, 2, 3 or Grand Master doesn’t necessarily mean they could Select a Team or Coach a Choko vine over an Outhouse wall. It often comes down to who has the biggest voice and the skills of a Lobbyist !

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
I find the level of expertise and understanding of schoolboy sport espoused by some parents/posters also very humorous.

I can only assume that these are ex-wallaby's or are level 3 coaches that have experience at the highest/elite level of the sport.
Maybe they are just parents or club coaches that have seen the age group kids play for ten years rather than two games. I have seen a few kids picked over the years in rep teams that show speed and attacking ability but lack basic defence. Just saying selection isn’t always about the rugby brains of the coach/ selector either. Cheika I presume by your standards is a suitably impressive creditialed coach but I reckon he gets selections wrong occasionally.

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
Maybe they are just parents or club coaches that have seen the age group kids play for ten years rather than two games. I have seen a few kids picked over the years in rep teams that show speed and attacking ability but lack basic defence. Just saying selection isn’t always about the rugby brains of the coach/ selector either. Cheika I presume by your standards is a suitably impressive creditialed coach but I reckon he gets selections wrong occasionally.

With the selections having to be made before our GPS season has even started means reputation plays a big part and not just current form and so things become very subjective. I am sure there will be a number of Kids that will put their hands up during the season and people will wonder why they never made the rep side, like wise the opposite will be said about some of those that have made it in. The only fair way to make the best decisions is at the end of the season when there has been plenty of time to look at them and also to see how they physically hold up, especially in this age group as maturity can have an impact on current form. But as we currently know this is impossibility at the moment with how the Australian schoolboy calendar is set up.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
The updated Owens book as at 23/5/2018

TSS - $1.50

Nudgee - $2.75

Terrace - $5.00

BBC - $8.00

Churchie ( the big market mover ) $15.00

IGS -$20.00

TGS -$25.00

BSHS - $30.00

BGS - $50.00

Get Some

What are the bet book look like now after all the trial played? Any shift in the sentiment?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure if I've seen all QLD Trial teams in one place before

https://rugbynews.net.au/qld-schools-2018-gps-aic-css-representative-teams-announced/

Also seems to be a few changes - no Parata ?
Yep , Parata withdrew from the trials . Pasitoa has been moved from the Gold bench to the starting 10 for Navy.

Not sure of the reason..... injury? Or other commitments?

Injuries could still see some further changes and possible movement between the benches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torpedo Punt

Herbert Moran (7)
Can anyone enlighten what impact of the coming ATAR system will have on those schools (ie. TSS) that play the completing Grades 11-12 over three years?

ER If you look a page or 2 ago we got completely lost in the maths on this one so dont hold me to it but next years seniors are in a smaller " talent" intake due to their intake starting on Jan 1 and finishing on June 30 born 2002. prep starting at a July 1 2002 intake for a full year.

Mathematically both 2018 and 2019 should be affected with 2019 being the most affected.2020 will be back to full year seniors and below.

Even though it was a half year some schools still had the same size intake...it was just easier to get in...but mathmatically talent had to be spread yeh ? Some schools didnt manage to fill all spots and some did ( read big advantage for schools with lower school fees. )

ATAR over 3 years will be as popular as repeating Grade 12 ..not very.

Comprendez ?