• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Terrintelligencia don't stuff it up and play him as an aforesaid lock prospect.

He's a 1 , and in my view , is good enough to represent ( at the minimum ) QLD Schools 1 or 2

Well GT like their starting props to have very little experience and to have played in the back row the season before so that'll help.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Y'know Reesjan Pasiota had a pretty bloody good season for a 16 year old

10 is the one of the hardest positions on the field and to handle it as he did as a 16 year old on a premiership winning team.....was very impressive

Nudgee's midfield defense was brutal and a big part of their success . Having Joe Small at 12 was a masterstroke , and having a harder head / older guy at 12 around a younger 10 is a big benefit IMO ...but Flook , at 13 , was also only 16 too - so 2 guys in your midfield as 16 year olds and to still win a premiership ..... great effort

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Y'know Reesjan Pasiota had a pretty bloody good season for a 16 year old

Agreed better than Gordon but not as good as the Coast boy - IMO the first 2 surpass the latter in 2018.

I might say Reesjan had the best 16 year I can remember in the past few - but he showed his inexperience against GT in round 1.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Elton Flatley was u15 when he played firsts. I think he was the last ever before they made rules against that.

Yes I know that, I watched him play in each of his three years.

But, he didn’t dominate the competition in his first year hence my answer.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Actually, now that I think of it, Flatley might actually have played 4 years of First XV, starting in Year 9.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
holy shit . Nongrror is only grade 11 - and 133 kg.
That is scary
He is U17 , not sure what year at school he is in. Maybe doing senior school over three years? He has dominated his age group since U13 and is scary enough as a 17 year old , yet alone if he comes back next year at 18!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Elton Flatley was u15 when he played firsts. I think he was the last ever before they made rules against that.

Nah, somehow Fraser McReight flew under the age limit radar a couple of years ago and played for BGS First XV as a 15 yr old. It sounded alarm bells within the Rugby bureaucracy as a safety issue and now there is no way any 15 year old will be playing against 18 year olds in Rugby. No matter how good they are.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree , not much to him in the size department , but has great skills and plays well above his weight. Played a full season of First XV last year as a 16 year old in the front row and easily held his own.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Nathan McNab (IGS) played 1st XV as a winger in year 8 and served five years in the firsts, becoming a regular in Gr 9, representing Q Country U16 and Q2 in Gr 10 and captaining the 1st XV in year 12 as a centre. Selection politics seemed to count against him going further as he was a stand out in the Q Schools trials in Gr 12. Curtis Browning played Aust A schools and made the Aust Schools tour as a Gr 10 forward in 2009. In those days, good enough meant old enough. As far as I'm concerned, it still does.

F

Footy.Freak

Nathan McNab (IGS) played 1st XV as a winger in year 8 and served five years in the firsts, becoming a regular in Gr 9, representing Q Country U16 and Q2 in Gr 10 and captaining the 1st XV in year 12 as a centre. Selection politics seemed to count against him going further as he was a stand out in the Q Schools trials in Gr 12. Curtis Browning played Aust A schools and made the Aust Schools tour as a Gr 10 forward in 2009. In those days, good enough meant old enough. As far as I'm concerned, it still does.

why change something that isnt broken.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Terrace has 3,8, 9, 11, 13, 14 and 2 reg reserves 1 big forward and 1 quick back. So 8 back in total 5 played every game 1 played in at least 5 games 2 played in at least 2 games. GT will finish above BBC and TGS
BraveandGame, Jan 15, 2018 Report
Ah you gotta love your brother, don't ya! Love when GT and BBC talk it up.
Only one thing to say BraveandGame, NC by 1 point again this year. ;)

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well GT like their starting props to have very little experience and to have played in the back row the season before so that'll help.
BraveandGame, Thursday at 4:01 PM Report
I understand, I think, the mobility and break-down capabilities of a front row (having back rower experience), but what happens when you come up against an experienced front rower, are you will to forego a potential major set piece for that?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BraveandGame, Thursday at 4:01 PM Report
I understand, I think, the mobility and break-down capabilities of a front row (having back rower experience), but what happens when you come up against an experienced front rower, are you will to forego a potential major set piece for that?

Don't get me wrong Sage, never said it was a good thing just a regular one.

Does NC get 2 shots at goal each time again or was that a one off??

At any rate I don't think GT are due to beat NC again until about 2027!!

Reactions: vac