• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2020

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BBC v Nudgee round one next year will be huge. I believe BBC have 2, 4, 6, 7, the injured 8, 11, 12 and 15 back

That is a nice returning group, however they don’t win this year (or last weekend) without Howarth and to a lesser extent Gordon , so it will be interesting to see if any of these can can take the step up.

westies94

Frank Row (1)
With the 5 new faces in Nudge 15 A -and the strength of 16 A -it is frightening. They are moving out of sight.

Just thinking back to the IGS v NC round, NC 15A and 16A teams won by only 3 and 5 points respectively at Nudgee - does that suggest IGS may be able to put some pressure on NC over the next two years. Or is that just a leap to far?

Reds Revival

Stan Wickham (3)
Just thinking back to the IGS v NC round, NC 15A and 16A teams won by only 3 and 5 points respectively at Nudgee - does that suggest IGS may be able to put some pressure on NC over the next two years. Or is that just a leap to far?

That is not unusual for IGS.
But when they get to opens and they do not have a 3rds-then injuries cause depth issues.
You will see from last 3 years for example that IGS 1st xv always starts well -but as season goes on they go downhill as they cant cover injuries.
Have they not lost last 3 in a row?
Their 14 A team is brilliant -but no B team.

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
With the 5 new faces in Nudge 15 A -and the strength of 16 A -it is frightening. They are moving out of sight.
Churchie U15 have gone undefeated this year too I think bar a loss in a trial game. Would have been good to see them play NC to see how they stack up

B

bluesclues

long time reader, first time poster

Was looking at youtube highlights and came across some interesting interviews with players like Howarth and Samuela. I'm not sure who the interviewers are but there seem to be more BBC interviews than any others (e.g. Xavier Savage, Howart, Jack Bowen Boyer, Lucas Ripley). Interesting to hear their perspectives on GPS rugby, how they were recruited etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCncabDiFdEZNpOk10kIzUQ/videos

just remember these are 17-18 year old school kids so quite unpolished.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Was looking at youtube highlights and came across some interesting interviews with players like Howarth and Samuela. I'm not sure who the interviewers are but there seem to be more BBC interviews than any others (e.g. Xavier Savage, Howart, Jack Bowen Boyer, Lucas Ripley). Interesting to hear their perspectives on GPS rugby, how they were recruited etc.

That’s a good little channel. Well done lads

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

where is Samuela-he was brilliant last year

3rdXV Casual

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think another interesting match this week will be Terrace vs Ipswich. Both came very close to beating TSS and seem to have been a bit of a handful for all of the better teams this season. I'm personally backing Terrace, but Ipswich are always capable of winning a match when they put their heads to it. Both teams will be gunning to finsih the season with one last win too, as they both only have a handful under their belts.

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
What venue is the BBC v BSHS match being played at? Fursden Rd or at State High’s school fields?

A2A31767-B9E0-43E1-AE94-74CFBCB6385A.jpeg