• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really enjoyed the QRU live stream of QU v Souths. Still available for replay on Reds TV.

Looks like they will stream a feature game each round.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I have heard Wests clubhouse gets demolished tomorrow!!!

Hopefully there is no construction delays so the 2016 premiers can open their 2017 season at home in a new state of the art facility at Sylvan Road!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anything is possible Filth but my recollection is the Bulldogs have not beaten the Tigers since Round 1 of 2008.

I just wish Tigers Tale was around so I could talk some epic banter & read his Lord of the Rings length posts.

Sounds about right it's been a long time between drinks v Easts.

I would love a TT review of the Tigers effort last week v Bond.

Let's hope the Dogs can start 2016 with a win.

Stumpy

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Breth & UQ play for the 'Templeton - McLean' trophy this weekend. Previous winners below.

Tempo-Spoof.PNG

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Grand Final Winner odds got put out on Sportsbet over the weekend.

University are favourites at $3.25
Easts at $4.50
Brothers at $6
Bond University at $6
Souths at $6.50
Sunnybank at $8
GPS at $15
Wests at $34
Norths at $51

Shame, really. Sunnybank is the only real value IMO.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Grand Final Winner odds got put out on Sportsbet over the weekend.

University are favourites at $3.25
Easts at $4.50
Brothers at $6
Bond University at $6
Souths at $6.50
Sunnybank at $8
GPS at $15
Wests at $34
Norths at $51

Shame, really. Sunnybank is the only real value IMO.

I think some of these are ridiculous e.g. how could Bond and Easts be at these respective prices after round 1?

And Wests who are undefeated after round 1 are @ $34????

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It has to be a pretty conservative market as the performance of the teams can change dramatically due to a number of factors.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Sportsbet

Norths ($10.00) v Bond University ($1.02)

Souths ($1.42) v Sunnybank ($2.74)

Uni ($1.43) v Brothers ($2.70)

Wests ($3.75) v Easts ($1.20)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sen. Nick Xenophon on the radio this morning saying that there is talk in the Federal Parliament that 18 year olds are more interested in the betting odds for sporting contests than the sporting contests themselves.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I see value in the Bank and the filth at those odds. Qld 20's taking away plenty from the students.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
University of Queensland v Brothers – Match of the Round
St.Lucia – Kick-off 3:20pm

The next instalment of the Bob Templeton Paul McLean Cup will kick off on Saturday, at St.Lucia. Brothers head to University RFC with a lot of confidence, after running in eight tries against Norths last week. University is the current cup holder and their young squad won’t want to relinquish the silverware to their old foe.

University of Queensland: Aaron Pleash, Mitch Wade, Campbell Wakely, Sam Reiser, Pat Morrey, Conor Mitchell, Jack de Guingand, Jack Cornelsen, Shane Tetzlaff, Ed Gibson, Jock Campbell, James Dalgleish, Josh Birch, Tom Pincus. Tom Banks

Coach: Mick Heenan

Brothers: Francois Postale, Tom Sayer, Dustin Henegan, Terrin Walls, Dave Henaway, Harry Symes, Henry Fitzgerald, Luke Beauchamp, Sam Grasso, Patrick James, Pierce Fitzgerald, Nathanuel Gendle, Sam Hyne, Mitch Felsman, Elih Baillie

Coach: Carl Marshall

Norths v Bond University – Reds TV LIVE stream
Hugh Courtney Oval – Kick-off 3:20pm

Norths will be keen to return to the Eagle’s nest after suffering a Round 1 loss at the hands of Brothers. They showed flashes of what they’re capable of last week, and they’ll be looking to put in a more consistent performance against Bond University. Bond were impressive in Round 1, defeating minor premiers Easts with a four try bonus-point display.

Norths: Garrath Ryan, Dan Sutherland, Dylan Sikameti, Api Biss, Connor Anderson, Jayden Rodwell, Enzo Mut, Phil McComber, Nick Chapman, Logan Tibbetts, Veressa Mataitini, Duncan Paia’aua, Mitch Fuller, Alex Gibbon, Conor Chitto

Coach: Nick Fogarty

Bond: Sam Clifton, Nick Turner, Reece Mann, Sam Fatal, Rubin Fuimaono, Jake Upfield, Jaye Paton, Rory McKensie, Luke Evans, Mitch Third, Lochy Duncan, TJ Siakisini, Tim Hindmarsh, Jordan Hughes, Waylen Skipps

Coach: Sean Hedger

Souths v Sunnybank
Chipsy Wood Oval – Kick-off 3:20pm

Coming off an impressive 30–20 victory over University of Queensland, Souths head back to Chipsy Wood Oval for the local southern derby against Sunnybank. In Round 1, Sunnybank’s Old Boys Day celebrations were capped off with a solid 32–25 victory over GPS. This is the only match in which the two teams competing are both coming off Round 1 victories.

Souths: Markus Vanzati, Alex Casey, Eric Teofilo, Matt Bennetts, Matthew Hirst, Anton Minenko, Simana Halaifonua, Stuart Williamson, Scott Malolua, Paul Brown, Mikaele Tela, Ralph Evalu, Kyle Blackman, Liam Roberts, Andrew Muirhead

Coach: Brett Picone

Sunnybank: Haydn Hirsimaki, Sam Mellor, Tereina Mclean, Colin Cooper, Brendan Mitchell, George Blomfield, Chazz Mahina, Jeffrey Faamausili, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Jake Strachan, Junior Laloifi, Alfonso Horomia, Ryan Menzies, Conrad Quick, Brando Va’aulu

Coach: Rod Seib

Wests v Easts
Kenmore RFC – Kick-off 3:20pm

Wests’ season starts this weekend after they were dealt the Round 1 bye. The Bulldogs will host last year’s minor premiers Easts at Kenmore. The Tigers will be eager to return to winning ways having made an unsuccessful trip to the Gold Coast in Round 1, going down to Bond University 31–10.

Wests: Sione Na’a Helu, Codey Blackhurst, Jake Newell, Junior Tipasa, Jeremiah Lynch, Alec Fontalvo, Chanel Schmidt, Rob Rutledge, Tim Smith, Richard Aitsi, Reece Cleeton, Tyrone Lefau, Dan Faumuina, George Morseu, Siosi Finau-Lealiifano

Coach: Pat Byron

Easts: Kirwan Sanday, Sam Richards, Josef Horomia, James Moore, Tevita Momoka, Henry Olsen, Tom Milosevic, Ben Radmall, James Batey, Andrew Krelle, Michael Tweedy, Todd Dawson, Shane Parkinson, Owain Davies, Elliot Hagen

Coach: Anthony Connellan

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hope the Bulldogs can kick off the season with a win tomorrow.

With Tim Smith starting I'd say we have an edge in the halves and with Sanday switching to loose head (with no Paraka & Campbell) and Richards/Horamia in Easts front row we might also have the edge at scrum time.

We will get a good indication of Wests 2016 chances with this matchup with the Tigers who on last week's effort are bound for mid table at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.