• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I tend to agree with your selections Bulldog.
Easts over Bros by 15 plus points
Souths over Norths by 40 plus
GPS over the Bank by 25 plus points
And Bond over UQ by 10
I feel the battle of the students is a very interesting match up. If Bond are any chance of making the four they need to win tomorrow and UQ really need the win to stamp some authority back in the comp. Losses to Bond, Brothers, Easts & Souths and narrow wins over Easts & Norths has shown that they are not the force they have been in pervious years. Really hard to maintain such a dominant run for such a long period of time but they have done it for numerous seasons. Should be a great game.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Queensland Rugby Union and FOX SPORTS Partner to show Queensland Premier Rugby on FOX SPORTS for the First Time

The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) and FOX SPORTS today announced that FOX SPORTS will replay the Queensland Premier Rugby 2018 Hospital Challenge Cup ‘Match of the Round’ on a Wednesday evening for the remainder of the 2018 season.

For the first time, the 2018 Hospital Challenge Cup will enjoy national television coverage, meaning fans can watch Queensland’s best club sides go head-to-head in high definition and with no ad-breaks during play on FOX SPORTS each week.

This Saturday’s 2018 Hospital Challenge Cup ‘Match of the Round’ between Bond University and the 2017 Champions - The University of Queensland - will be shown on FOX SPORTS 503 from 5.00pm on Wednesday 20 June.

The QRU’s Interim CEO David Hanham said: “We’re delighted with this agreement with FOX SPORTS to replay the ‘Match of the Round’ on a Wednesday evening for the remainder of this season.

“We already have a great partnership with FOX SPORTS through the broadcast of Super Rugby and the National Rugby Championship. The code in Queensland can only benefit from this initiative, which will carry the historic rivalry of Queensland Premier Rugby into the lounge-rooms of Rugby fans across Australia.

“Today’s announcement will complement the QRU’s existing weekly free global live-stream offering of all four Hospital Challenge Cup games to the fans’ device of choice.”

The QRU’s production-company partner DoubleTake Sports - who have produced live-stream coverage of Queensland Premier Rugby since 2013 - will supply the broadcast to FOX SPORTS. DoubleTake Sports principal, Robert Matthews, is a former QRU Digital department staffer and the QRU is proud to have helped develop local talent within Queensland’s Rugby community that has made today’s agreement with FOX SPORTS possible

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
And Bond over UQ by 10
I feel the battle of the students is a very interesting match up. If Bond are any chance of making the four they need to win tomorrow and UQ really need the win to stamp some authority back in the comp. Losses to Bond, Brothers, Easts & Souths and narrow wins over Easts & Norths has shown that they are not the force they have been in pervious years. Really hard to maintain such a dominant run for such a long period of time but they have done it for numerous seasons. Should be a great game.

Are you going as far as to say that if Bond do force their way into the top 4 it will be at the expense of Uni?

I think if Bond are going to make the top 4 they need to win tomorrow.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
And Bond over UQ by 10

And what a great win by Norths over Souths - Nick Jooste is one hell of a kicker, but full cred to Norths...

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
Great win by the Eagles, it was a very physical game. The center combo of Paiaauau and Chitto were best on ground. Chitto got man of the match. The bye makes a massive difference, the light training load in week one freshened the boys up. As a supporter of the club I’m struggling with the fact that with the exception of 3 games Norths players 13 games after the opposition has had a bye. It’s just crazy stuff and a huge competitive advantage. Bring on Wests next weekend at Shaw road.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Table after Norths big win - puts pressure on Bros who are in line now to win their first wooden spoon in 81 years.

Souths 34
Uni 34
GPS 34
Easts 31
Bond 25
Wests 21
Snbk 19
Norths 19
Bros 12

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
To avoid the spoon Brothers will need to beat Norths and snag another win somewhere.

And hope that Norths don't grab another win - I wouldn't be surprised if Norths have another one or two wins in them.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
The address is 103 Crosby Rd, for those wishing to get bin early and post their coaching resumes for next season.

To avoid the spoon Brothers will need to beat Norths and snag another win somewhere.

And hope that Norths don't grab another win - I wouldn't be surprised if Norths have another one or two wins in them.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Agree it’s a tough run home for Brothers but they are leading almost every other competition table and building a very strong club.

But there are a hell of a lot more options than the above never mind the fact North and Sunnybank are in equal points and only two points behind West’s who would sit behind Norths if they lose to them again this week at in a game being played at Norths. Yesterday supports my previous posts give Norths an even draw and see if they can compete against the top 4.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nah - a lot has to go in Brothers favour now to avoid the spoon.

Wins over Snbk & Norths would be a big step but all I'm saying is that they are under big pressure - predominantly from within the Brothers club.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lets put this another way - if Norths, Snbk & Wests can all snag another win this year then Brothers will end up with the spoon.

Remaining draw for bottom 4:
Wests have: Nth, Sth, GPS, Uni, Eas, Bro
Snbk: Uni, Eas, Bro, Bon, Sth, Bye
Nth: Wst, GPS, Uni, Eas, Bro, Bon
Bros: Sth, Bon, Snbk, Bye, Nth, Wst.

Who says that there is nothing to play for, for these teams?

It may well come down to Wests v Brothers in round 18!!!

You can send wooden spoons to the address above!!!!

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
The address is 103 Crosby Rd, for those wishing to get bin early and post their coaching resumes for next season.

Wow I don't think I have ever seen this from a Brothers supporter ever before, some serious dark clouds on the horizon at Albion ATM. Defence is clearly the issue at Brothers, they are normally so hard to score points against however this year completely the opposite. Should the heat be on the defensive coach as well?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Having said all of this about Brothers - they are braining it in every other grade - I think every other grade will play finals footy.

They'll fight back hard in 2019.

Reactions: vac

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes I believe Brothers still have a few teams undefeated? They definitely did a few weeks ago. GPS had a similar thing a few years ago, winning Premierships in lower grades with a rather lackluster Premier Grade, and this in future translated into what has been a strong 1st and 2nd grade over the last few years, so I reckon Brothers still have a lot going for them as a club going into next season and so on.

Reactions: vac

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Yes I believe Brothers still have a few teams undefeated? They definitely did a few weeks ago. GPS had a similar thing a few years ago, winning Premierships in lower grades with a rather lackluster Premier Grade, and this in future translated into what has been a strong 1st and 2nd grade over the last few years, so I reckon Brothers still have a lot going for them as a club going into next season and so on.

Yes mate all other grades going well. The question is why is reserve grade top of the table and Prems getting the spoon. If it were the first in 80 odd years it would be a bitter pill to swallow for a club as successful as Brothers.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)

That is tough but fair. Brothers supporters need to be patient for at least a year, then the trophy’s will follow.

Bit of a changing of the guard this year. With some great older heads in second grade along with the colts of the past two years. Some of the regular younger players who are playing first grade (on and off), are just a little too young to play against old heads who are in the late twenties and early thirties. Those who are regular youngsters in second grade are not ready for first grade this year; hence the gap.

You have to remember that there is a big difference between these young guys and the better players in QPR. The better players in QPR are almost Super rugby level, with a good sprinkling of potential o/s international players thrown in.

The news they are young, and barring injury or loosing interest, it makes QPR more worthwhile and improves Australian rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
That is tough but fair. Brothers supporters need to be patient for at least a year, then the trophy’s will follow.

Bit of a changing of the guard this year. With some great older heads in second grade along with the colts of the past two years. Some of the regular younger players who are playing first grade (on and off), are just a little too young to play against old heads who are in the late twenties and early thirties. Those who are regular youngsters in second grade are not ready for first grade this year; hence the gap.

You have to remember that there is a big difference between these young guys and the better players in QPR. The better players in QPR are almost Super rugby level, with a good sprinkling of potential o/s international players thrown in.

The news they are young, and barring injury or loosing interest, it makes QPR more worthwhile and improves Australian rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brothers supporters have been patient for a few years now, as have West’s and Norths who don’t have anywhere near the playing base across junior and senior ranks. Brothers supporters have every right to be disappointed in the performance of their side - too much reliance on Reds and Rep players. They will recruit in the off season with the help of the Reds board and sweep the field next year across the grades. Enjoy their Prems team receiving their spoon whilst you can, love to see West’s and Norths get the same help from above...

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers supporters have been patient for a few years now, as have West’s and Norths who don’t have anywhere near the playing base across junior and senior ranks. Brothers supporters have every right to be disappointed in the performance of their side - too much reliance on Reds and Rep players. They will recruit in the off season with the help of the Reds board and sweep the field next year across the grades. Enjoy their Prems team receiving their spoon whilst you can, love to see West’s and Norths get the same help from above.

I wouldn't point the finger at the QRU board but rather a former Wallaby & Brothers half on the QRU payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.