• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
Can’t disagree but your still jilted but you know that - no comment on Uni defence??

So if you agree the Eagles are like the Bugs, why are they in the comp and Logan is not? (yep, i am opening this bag again! :) )
The previous arguments do not fly because quite frankly as its speculative and they have not had the chance to show their wares

I have not been following uni as close as Norths to be fair.
The Eagles have had over 30 points put on them in every game so far - ‘Blue Wall’ v2?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Didn't miss a kick in the URC too, it's been about 6 months since.

Cooper Whiteside and Isaac Henry practice all the time down at the kennel and their hard work is reaping rewards

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Norths have shipped 143 points in 3 games, while scoring only 28. Luckily for them, they’ve also had the bye. I’m amazed they didn’t find some way to lose that as well.
Sunnybank bombed two absolute sitters, which would have made the for/against closer to 28/157.
Their defensive and attacking structure desperately needs rework - the backline is horrendously organised.

From team lists i have seen their reserve grade have some players who should be premier

G

GingerBreadCrab

The talent is there! I hope they make adjustments to turn the season around.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There were some big scores put on the Sunshine Coast Stingrays in their latter years of existence.

My Easts informant tells me in 2013 Easts beat the Stingray 91-12 - Easts scored 13 tries and Brandon kicked 13/13 conversions.

I think Uni may have put 100+ on the Stingrays in 2012/13.

Maybe scores like this have impacted on Logan's chances of admission into QPR.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Who was the West 6? He certainly stood out in the recap i watched last night.

Yes, Jerry Lynch. Has been a great player for the doggies for the last couple years. He's been in the Brisbane City squad under Mick Heenan but lacked real opportunity to date (game time).. I wonder if last weeks efforts and scoreline will help Jerry's case later this year, assuming Heenan gets the gig again..

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not complaining with this comment because I love a QPR free Easter but I'm sure back in the '70's & early '80's that club rugby was played over Easter in Brisbane?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Side Note: Does anyone know where they may have archived old premier grade scores?
The Rugby Archive, a site run by an Italian dude, has all the QPR scores - top level only, of course - going back for the last decade or so (plenty of other comps around the world as well).

http://www.rugbyarchive.net/Pagine/StagioneCompetizioni.aspx?ID=153

You can use the menus to navigate season to season.

My Easts informant tells me in 2013 Easts beat the Stingray 91-12 - Easts scored 13 tries and Brandon kicked 13/13 conversions.

Even bigger, it looks like Souths beat the Breakers 110-5 that year … Eish!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping results in. Seems we`re all on the Filth Train as everyone tipped them. Update on leader board below. Back to normal transmission this week, will have tipping form up on Thursday.

Rugby Follower 12
Beer Baron 11
Dark Shark 11
GirtbySea 11
Nomad 11
RAF 11
Rugby Reg 11
Sage Too 11
Jets 10
DB 9
Hound 9
jimmy.crouch 9
Southernx 9
Hennaz 8
Lovemyclubfooty 8
Pick n drive 8
Cam Goddard 7
Getwithme 7
Happyman 7
Keeno 7
Robbitybob 7
East Coast Aces 6
Jeeper 6
new recruit_ brisbane 6
nmpc 6
Paty305 6
Phatmic 5
David 4
eldiablo 4
Loveclubrugby 4
FigJam 3
J Cole 3
Magpie for me 3
manwithcaninhand 3
Mr Grump 3
Throbber 2
Beerad 1
Bulldog 1
heavy unit 1

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tipping results in. Seems we`re all on the Filth Train as everyone tipped them. Update on leader board below. Back to normal transmission this week, will have tipping form up on Thursday.

Rugby Follower 12
Beer Baron 11
Dark Shark 11
GirtbySea 11
Nomad 11
RAF 11
Rugby Reg 11
Sage Too 11
Jets 10
DB 9
Hound 9
jimmy.crouch 9
Southernx 9
Hennaz 8
Lovemyclubfooty 8
Pick n drive 8
Cam Goddard 7
Getwithme 7
Happyman 7
Keeno 7
Robbitybob 7
East Coast Aces 6
Jeeper 6
new recruit_ brisbane 6
nmpc 6
Paty305 6
Phatmic 5
David 4
eldiablo 4
Loveclubrugby 4
FigJam 3
J Cole 3
Magpie for me 3
manwithcaninhand 3
Mr Grump 3
Throbber 2
Beerad 1
Bulldog 1
heavy unit 1

Thanks Jets interesting that even the best of us are only tipping at 75%. The comp seems to be fairly even at this stage with a few upsets.

As for me fairly average.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tricky tipping this week, as some (or all) of the Reds come back. Particularly interesting for Souths and UQ as they will have the greatest compliment back. Recent form may not be the best judge here.

Reg are you able to post the teams when available?

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty impressed with both Brothers and Wests last week. Brothers on the whole had a very complete game and the fast forwards movement kept Norths on the back foot all day. Not as many mistakes as they have had in the previous 3 weeks. Wests had one of the most impressive victory over UQ; was that their highest score over them? Anyway damn good to see.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Even bigger, it looks like Souths beat the Breakers 110-5 that year … Eish!

Probably no records on hand but I played in a GPS Colts 1 side who got flogged around 90-0 by the Breakers in the mid 2000s. Can't remember if we were that bad, or they were that good! One of their wingers scored about 7 tries I reckon, by the last few he'd run out of try celebrations so was cracking beers instead.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Pretty impressed with both Brothers and Wests last week. Brothers on the whole had a very complete game and the fast forwards movement kept Norths on the back foot all day. Not as many mistakes as they have had in the previous 3 weeks. Wests had one of the most impressive victory over UQ; was that their highest score over them? Anyway damn good to see.

I had a look at the link Kiap provided above and could not find any result (data back to about 2010) where Uni got that many points put on them.

Uni biggest results of recent years were
Uni v sunny coast 84-0 29/06/2013
Uni v norths 85-10 07/07/2010

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Tricky tipping this week, as some (or all) of the Reds come back. Particularly interesting for Souths and UQ as they will have the greatest compliment back. Recent form may not be the best judge here.

Reg are you able to post the teams when available?

Only 1 red player named(in rugbyxplorer) so far for Uni and that’s Adam Korczyk. Uni have also named a full 23 lineup so if the usual pack of red heavies come back to clubland then someone will be getting dropped from first grade

Status
Not open for further replies.