• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The numbers are the numbers - dating back to 2010 the average number of wins by the team qualifying 4th in QPR is 9.8 wins (disregarding BPs)

This equates to 4.9 wins in a 8 (+1 bye) games season.

Uni won 10 games in 2019.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Bit of movement on the table with Happyman and I tanking a bit this week allowing Red Heavy to move to equal top with a perfect round.

Happyman 26
Red Heavy 26
Jets 25
Nomad 25
Pick and drive 24
Beerad 23
15manHagar 23
SageToo 21
manwithcaninhand 20
Dru Spork 19
Paty305 19
Cam G 18
NMPCART 16
Hound 16
Benson 14
Heavy Unit 13

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty crazy that Harry Wilson and Hunter Paisami were club rugby players last year and now about to make their debut for the Wallabies against the AB's.

Awesome effort , well deserved !

Daugunu similarly learnt much of his trade in QPR and would think Wright and McReight would not be too far behind getting a spot in the match day squad.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Angus Blyth and Wilson Blyth are partnering together in the second row for Bond Uni this week, exciting to see the brothers play together. Zane Nonggor is also starting THP.

Josh Nasser playing at hooker for UQ, carrying on his Reds hooker role..

Mac Grealy has pushed to the wing with Jock Campbell coming in at fullback for UQ.

Sean Farrell at blindside flanker is another interesting selection.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Will be interesting to see how Nasser goes at hooker at this level, I’m sure the instructions from Thorn were for UQ to persist with this.

Still not sold on the idea but I think Thorny and Lillicrap have a good eye for forward talent, maybe it was apparent he wouldn’t cut it as a prop at Super Rugby level but they knew he was too talented to let go.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Totally disagree on the Nasser hooker experiment.

Crazy that he played a game at hooker having never even played a game in the position at QPR level.

It was insulting to the other hookers in the Reds squad and in QPR.

His lineout throwing cost the Reds at times during his cameos.

He is not in the best two hookers at the Reds and he is not even in the best 2 hooking options at Uni.

Mick Heenan will not be happy that he has to play him at 2.

Mind you the QPR referees don't do a great job at enforcing the straight throwing objective at the lineout. I predict that it will cost Uni at some point over the next month.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah , got to feel a bit for Tom Mellor .

He has been playing and throwing very well this season . The UQ lineout has been quite good .

There will be some serious lineout pressure on Nasser today with the Blyth brothers both playing for Bond.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

Crazy that he played a game at hooker having never even played a game in the position at QPR level.

He is not in the best two hookers at the Reds and he is not even in the best 2 hooking options at Uni.

Mind you the QPR referees don't do a great job at enforcing the straight throwing objective at the lineout. I predict that it will cost Uni at some point over the next month.

Agree with all of the above. And to add to the intrigue, when the Uni team for today was originally published on the Rugby AU site Mellor was the hooker.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Uni v wests the over sized dogs had uni scrum peddling backwards until Nasser came on scored a try and the scrum situation reversed - sorry but Thorn knows what he is doing and I am sure Nasser can learn to throw better than amosa very quickly.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Great win by Easts over Brothers 15-13 - real nailbiter with Brothers missing a conversion to tie it up with 2 minutes to play. A few unexpected results, at least for my tipping - Bond beat UQ despite all those Reds players returning, Souths beat Wests.

Final table:
Easts 33
UQ 33
Bond 31
GPS 29

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Great win by Easts over Brothers 15-13 - real nailbiter with Brothers missing a conversion to tie it up with 2 minutes to play. A few unexpected results, at least for my tipping - Bond beat UQ despite all those Reds players returning, Souths beat Wests.

Final table:
Easts 33
UQ 33
Bond 31
GPS 29

Go Bond!