• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It will be very interesting to see how Easts go early season. Although BM is signed with Canberra for 2024 is also confirmed as an ongoing consultant for the 23 season. If he is consulting SC will no doubt pick up the slack but what happens during the Super W season if this occurs which is likely. Assume PW will run the show? Any news on who is confirmed to assist EB at UQ?
Can we get actual names please, it’s hard to track who all these initials might be

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I see up on rugbyexplorer that GPS and Sunnybank 1st grade will be sharing an opponent in a trial match on march 11.

Melbourne A 1st XV…. I am expecting some cricket type scores on the tourists. Is this rebels affiliated or is this Melbourne club rugby?

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
South are going to have a pretty strong playing spine if they can keep those 4 together

8 . John Bryant
9. Williams Johnstone
10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
12. Taj Annan
Like most outfits though, they will need to develop the tight five to feed this crew.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
South are going to have a pretty strong playing spine if they can keep those 4 together

8 . John Bryant
9. Williams Johnstone
10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
12. Taj Annan
Right time to have Garrick Morgan coming in to get it going.

Wouldn't be amazed if they started to lure a few in with a historical connection to the club - Horan might be a chance for example, and I'm sure there's always a chance of Quade playing a final season for them in the next few years, particularly if he's got an interest in coaching.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wouldn't be amazed if they started to lure a few in with a historical connection to the club - Horan might be a chance for example, and I'm sure there's always a chance of Quade playing a final season for them in the next few years, particularly if he's got an interest in coaching.
My GC sources mentioned recently that Quade has been vocal about a possible swansong season playing for the Burleigh Bears in Reserve Grade (or QCup level if he got picked). But who knows, I don't imagine he'll be done with professional rugby contracts for another couple of years, assuming he heals well from the latest injury.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Right time to have Garrick Morgan coming in to get it going.

Sexton is still playing international at 38.

Downtown

Frank Row (1)
Can we get actual names please, it’s hard to track who all these initials might be
The same coaching staff for easts in QPR 2023

Early in the preseason but one would assume most players return and build on last year, with the exception of Annan who is left the den for the nest.

How do easts line up this year without super rugby players? Any colts players from last year pressing for positions?

Tominiko brothers 1 and 3? Finocharrio 2
Leeming 4, Shepherd 5, Smit 6, Milosovic 7, Stoddart 8, Pilz 9, Pappin 10, Shae Lala 11, Smit 12, Skipwith-Garland 13, Carriera 14, Dreu 15?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

How do easts line up this year without super rugby players? Any colts players from last year pressing for positions?

Tominiko brothers 1 and 3? Finocharrio 2
Leeming 4, Shepherd 5, Smit 6, Milosovic 7, Stoddart 8, Pilz 9, Pappin 10, Shae Lala 11, Smit 12, Skipwith-Garland 13, Carriera 14, Dreu 15?

Think someone mentioned on previous page of this thread that big George Francis is back at Tigerland.

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
So coach wise we have the following as I understand it

UQ - Elton Berrange
Souths - Garrick Morgan
Norths - Pat Byron
Wests - Elwee Prinsloo
Sunnybank -
Brothers -
Easts - Ben Mowen
Bond Uni -
GPS - Shane Arnold

Can anyone fill in the gaps?
Brothers Brendan Gabbett

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
We get our first glimpse of QPR Rugby tomorrow… looks like Souths 1st grade has a Tuesday night trial match against “Border Rugby Club”