• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
26-24 Norths leading Easts, they attack very well. 30 to go though which will test Norths depth and fitness

10 to go and floodgates have opened

Last edited:

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
26-24 Norths leading Easts, they attack very well. 30 to go though which will test Norths depth and fitness

10 to go and floodgates have opened
Norths had a bad 10 minutes and then struck back. Fitness looked a lot better but just struggle at scrum time and simply cannot defend an attacking line out. They have a really good up tempo attack so plenty to work with , some depth would help.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v Brothers yesterday

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Most open comp I can remember in recent history, race for the 4 will be great
Indeed it is. On the basis that 10 wins generally gets you into the top 4 the equation for these sides is: Souths 4 wins from 5 games, GPS 4/6, Bros 4/6, Uni 6/5 and it would appear that Bond 1/5, Easts 2/5 & Wests 3/5 are nearing finals qualification. There are must win games a plenty over the closing 6 rounds.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
GPS look like they could limp into the Top 4 again this year. Not sure if they’ll be competitive in the finals though when some of the other teams are at full strength.

Seems to be nucleus of a decent side though, a few young debutants this year who should kickon.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I take it the Rebels lads are playing in QLD rather than NSW then?

Where is Rodda going to play his club footy?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’d be disappointed if Quade ran out for GPS rather than Souths. Souths have done a great deal for Quade throughout his career and yes Quade has done a lot for Souths and he owes them nothing but I always associate Quade with a Souths jersey.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I’d be disappointed if Quade ran out for GPS rather than Souths. Souths have done a great deal for Quade throughout his career and yes Quade has done a lot for Souths and he owes them nothing but I always associate Quade with a Souths jersey.

I am of the same elk but putting it in perspective… Quade is a professional footballer and changing clubs is part of the game…

South’s is on a bye this week so it makes sense GPS with his former red teammates and maybe GPS gives his little bro Moses a run in premier grade.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I am of the same elk but putting it in perspective… Quade is a professional footballer and changing clubs is part of the game…

Yep - and I'm not sure Wests win the Grand Final last year if Seru Uru hadn't made the jump across from Easts. Quade seems to have aligned himself with GPS since COVID. Someone from Souths might be able to shed a bit of light on it because his brother wasn't involved with the club until this year.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
i thought Samu pulled his hamstring in the baa baas match?

Seen footage of him in Fiji last week getting the miraculous Fijian leaf treatment.

Guess if it worked for Naholo and his knee injury it can work for a hammy

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
i thought Samu pulled his hamstring in the baa baas match?

Seen footage of him in Fiji last week getting the miraculous Fijian leaf treatment.

Guess if it worked for Naholo and his knee injury it can work for a hammy
Pretty sure he was training in the impromptu wallaby camp last week with little issues.

Would assume this weekend will be a match fitness test and wouldn't expect big minutes out of him.