• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
New star and reds are still not at loggerheads are they?

Thought the air must of been cleared last year when Paisami signed on for another season at reds
Didn't Hunter decide to cut ties with New Star in favour of going "self managed" to remain at the reds?

On a separate note UQ's post Heenan years continue to disappoint almost as much as Bond's results since he has arrived down the M1.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
New star and reds are still not at loggerheads are they?

Thought the air must of been cleared last year when Paisami signed on for another season at reds
Newstar posted a signing photo with Cordingley at some point last year when the reds signed up a schoolboy star and there was plenty of talk about repairing that relationship with Picone when they were hunting for a coach last year. I think it's fair to assume they're all at least on speaking terms these days.

Hugh Jardon

Bob McCowan (2)
I feel like it has to be something like that, otherwise I would've thought he would've slotted straight in for the Rebels when Wilkin was injured.

On the Reds side of things I could definitely see him taking Anderson's spot for 2025. I like Anderson but he hasn't really kicked on (partially from injury) and his spot looks the most vulnerable. That said with Bryant coming through from the EPS and Wright the only other backrow off contract I'm not entirely sure there will be room for Herbert even if Anderson isn't re-signed.
How Herbert isnt playing super rugby with some of these blokes running around is baffling. i dare say he will be snapped up and won't be playing club next year surely.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
LOL took care of their opponent handily against a GPS outfit that toweled your tigers the week before.

think all souths did last week was continue to establish themselves as a genuine top 4 outfit…

If they can win at brothers - that will be a huge scalp
Easts are not a good guide. After years of very well drilled defence, they’ve been like Swiss cheese in the losses to GPS and Brothers.
Souths this week away. Gulp!

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
How does everyone think Bond Uni are travelling as a club so far this year? I know it’s very early in the season and they have a had a bye but both their games have been at home. Traditionally they are hard to beat there. Results against Sunnybank weren’t great and that form hasn’t held up well against Norths last weekend. Maybe just a slow start to the year and I notice they have another home game this weekend. Norths have a tough trip to the Kennel this weekend, they seem to be going okay but Wests appear strong across the board this year. Might be a tough day for the Eagles. Colts game should be a cracker.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How does everyone think Bond Uni are travelling as a club so far this year? I know it’s very early in the season and they have a had a bye but both their games have been at home. Traditionally they are hard to beat there. Results against Sunnybank weren’t great and that form hasn’t held up well against Norths last weekend. Maybe just a slow start to the year and I notice they have another home game this weekend. Norths have a tough trip to the Kennel this weekend, they seem to be going okay but Wests appear strong across the board this year. Might be a tough day for the Eagles. Colts game should be a cracker.
You’re a week early there. Bond play Norths this weekend

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Definitely thought they’d beat Wests whose big boys had their usual second half fade on Saturday but unfortunately, Bond were already too far behind. They might be missing Connors.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
You’re a week early there. Bond play Norths this weekend
lol you are right completely got that wrong. Let’s see how they aim this weekend. Gut feel is Bond not travelling that well but too early in the season to call it. Colts game will still be a cracker, not sure what the ceiling is for Norths colts but they have started the year well.

Willo

Stan Wickham (3)
My tips for the weekend:
Brothers by 10. Cartwright starting at 9 for Brothers.
Bond by 16 with Nonggorr and George Blake on the bench
The Bank by 6 in an upset Liam Mac Back
Souths by 20+ with HMP at 10

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Bizarre game out at Sunnybank today. The Dragons got off to a flyer before being run down and overtaken by around 20pts by GPS in the second half. Had a late fight back but the game was already over and GPS held on to win.

So hard to gauge where Sunnybank are this year. I think GPS will be happy to have ‘gotten away with one’ and fought back well considering they were missing a couple of regular starters.