• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Reds v Fiji Drua Sun 19-3-23

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Assuming JOC (James O'Connor) will be starting, I'm a bit worried about his capacity to last the full 80. He was blowing hard last week, and mentioned how the increased game speed this year had done a number on him post-match.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Assuming JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) will be starting, I'm a bit worried about his capacity to last the full 80. He was blowing hard last week, and mentioned how the increased game speed this year had done a number on him post-match.
I imagine the plan would still be to spell him for the last 20 or so. With either Lynagh or Creighton as the backup we'd be in a much better position than the equivalent game last year where Campbell finished at 10 looking like a fish out of water.

hawko07

Frank Nicholson (4)
Looking forward to this. Hopefully a good atmosphere at Suncorp. Disappointed that I bought a family pass a few days ago, then today saw the announcement that kids are free!!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Assuming JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) will be starting, I'm a bit worried about his capacity to last the full 80. He was blowing hard last week, and mentioned how the increased game speed this year had done a number on him post-match.

I am worried about all players going the full 80.

Drua cardio and the style of game they play could be red flags if they can break the advantage line or put some nicely placed kicks behind the reds defensive line (towards the end of the game when reds players might be cramping).

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm really look forward to this one. It'll be interesting to see if the Drua can back up after the emotional high of getting one over the Crusaders. I can see this being close.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
team list dropping today? Sunday kick off - I’m guessing delayed a day?
Ask and you shall receive:
20230316_114019.jpg

20230316_110317.jpg

Last edited:

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Wonder why Peni doesnt get a start? Is it to give us a fresh ball runner in the second half?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Souths have congratulated Taj Annan for getting selected at 12
Interesting call.

Good that it minimises players playing out of their best spot.

You have to also say that Thorn remains happy to back youth. Maybe he has limited options but he obviously could’ve gone a different way here.

Good luck to the young man.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Looks like a typo - they deleted their original tweet and reposted and I wasn't sure why, that will be it. New one says UQ, I'll update the image
Maybe a flood of frantic calls from the UQ coaching/management group :)

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interesting call.

Good that it minimises players playing out of their best spot.

You have to also say that Thorn remains happy to back youth. Maybe he has limited options but he obviously could’ve gone a different way here.

Good luck to the young man.
Wiki says Annan is 6ft 3 and 93kg. This is a good size for a young centre. Give him 1 to 2 years and he’ll be around 100kg. Against Drua is brutal.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Will be interesting to see who moves where when both Lynagh and Vunivalu hit the pitch. No forced substitutions would be a nice start....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Will be interesting to see who moves where when both Lynagh and Vunivalu hit the pitch. No forced substitutions would be a nice start....

I doesn't need to be complex. I'd like to see a straight swap (at this stage) of JOC (James O'Connor) and Lynagh. After that Vunivalu comes on for whoever most needs the break between Jock, Daugunu, Petaia.