• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Rugby Club - Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Liquidators have been appointed.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...ating-court-told/story-fndo4ckr-1226421558477

As one of their members I find this a very sad day. The venue was great, and they put on some great lunches and functions. I am also a little angry, as only a few months ago they asked all their members to pay up an extra $350 per person (basically doubling up their fees), to ensure they got over their financial issues. Obviously this didn't work.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I went to a wedding there on Saturday night, the last night they traded. It was in the upstairs section and all of the memorabilia was gone and the plasma screens had been taken as well. The place looked really bare compared to when I had been there in the past. Bride and Groom were very happy though and the food was as good as in has been. It's very disappointing as it was a good venue.

T

TOCC

Just to clarify for those which may be unsure, Queensland Rugby Club is completely independent of Queensland Rugby Union, the financial positin of the QRC will not greatly impact the QRU's bottom line.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
No doubt the directors took all the memorabilia for their own personal collections. Should be auctioned for raise money for creditors.

I wonder if they were trading insolvently when they asked for the 'flood levy' money?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty happy the wife-to-be shot down my plans of holding our reception there. Would've had almost no time to sort out a new place and she would have gone absolutely mental. Feel very sorry for anyone that was meant to be having a reception there this month.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No doubt the directors took all the memorabilia for their own personal collections. Should be auctioned for raise money for creditors.

I wonder if they were trading insolvently when they asked for the 'flood levy' money?

thats a pretty irresponsible thing to say with no grounds to back it up.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Were you a paid up member? Did you give additional funds to a club that implied they had short term issues only, just 5 months before they went broke?

1. Can you tell me where the memorabilia is?
2. Can you assure me that the directors really didn't realise what was about to happen only a few months after asking for money?

I will also state that I only first joined in January and they took my membership fees then asked for more money only days after, even before the membership was formally endorsed. I did the right thing and gave some money to help out this short term issue, but my good faith was unfounded.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
How tragic that the QRUC has gone into liquidation. I have been a member there for a long, long time and am very saddened.
In better times, the amount of money year after year it gave to Queensland Rugby Union, I'd have thought the latter might have tried to help them out. Maybe they have tried, who knows?
I've attached an email I received from the liquidators, Grant Thornton.

Attachments

• QRUC.docx
    648.6 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.