• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Teams 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Really impressed with how good a coach Jim McKay is. Both Brisbane City and Queensland Country are a great system into the Reds and they're both playing really good attack. Their default seems to be to hit up with forwards around the ruck, same way same way or switching for a few phases (actually holding onto the ball unlike Sydney in particular!). The genius is to let them express themselves like the way Harry Wilson and Fraser McReight repetitively pick and go and offload (I think Wilson might be #1 in the competition for offloads). Country then seem to add in Stewart and Daugunu as 9th and 10th forwards like Koroibete in the Wallabies which is very dangerous when Wilson is able to offload to one of them or McDermott will hit Daugunu on a hard flat line. McKay is really smart with his emphasis on the backs being able to play unstructured attack - Isaac Lucas is incredibly dangerous off of turnover ball.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I MISS THE NRC!

My QLD 2020 teams:

Brisbane City:

1 Dane Zander
2 Josh Nasser
3 Feao Fotuaika
4 Tuina Tualima
5 Ryan Smith
6 Michael Wood