• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
i had heard he was a done deal at the Force. Maybe a new coach swayed him.
Yeah, I'd heard something similar earlier in the year, maybe they cooled a bit when they got Donaldson or he saw more opportunity with Daugunu gone too?

I'm bloody glad he's stayed though, I think his trajectory is nearer to what it should be for a young exciting back - a few cameos as he's coming through under 20's to give him a taste and show him what to aim for but not too much exposure until he's banging the door down.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
So of the remaining unsigned players I'd like to see us lock down George Blake, Taj Annan and Issac Henry, I'd be happy to hang onto Wilson Blyth and Spencer Jeans, and I'm not too bothered about Sula-Siaosi, Upfield or Tauakipulu at this stage.

Aubrey is an interesting one, I think he has plenty of potential but still looks a few years behind Grealy and Annan. I'm not sure we need him given the outside backs we have in the squad and coming through age grade, at least not more than an extra lock or power winger. I wonder if he might benefit most from a stint in 7s to develop?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
StoreLocal extending their sponsorship of Hospital cup another two years, as well as sponsoring the Women's club comp:

Also getting a spot on the Men's and Women's super rugby jerseys, so it sounds like it'll be a good increase in their overall spend.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Í in*
This is the most excited I've been about an HC since Link. Great to hear about those reports. I couldn't have greater anticipation to watch where Les takes this crew. Not exactly "preseason premiers" more a thirst to see how it goes and to glue myself to the journey.
Bon Voyage Dru.

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So of the remaining unsigned players I'd like to see us lock down George Blake, Taj Annan and Issac Henry, I'd be happy to hang onto Wilson Blyth and Spencer Jeans, and I'm not too bothered about Sula-Siaosi, Upfield or Tauakipulu at this stage.

Aubrey is an interesting one, I think he has plenty of potential but still looks a few years behind Grealy and Annan. I'm not sure we need him given the outside backs we have in the squad and coming through age grade, at least not more than an extra lock or power winger. I wonder if he might benefit most from a stint in 7s to develop?

thought exactly the same about 7s. Would love to see it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QLD team named. Remembering this is a capped match. So a bunch of debutants.

1. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank
2. Max Craig* – Easts
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen* – Norths
4. Seru Uru – Wests
5. Cormac Daly* – TBC
6. Connor Anderson – Wests
7. John Bryant* – Souths
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips* – Souths
11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
12. Lawson Creighton (c) – Brothers
13. Josh Flook – Brothers
14. Tim Ryan* – Brothers
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Moli Sooaemalagi** – Bond University
17. George Blake – Bond University
18. Massimo de Lutiis** – Easts
19. Chris Minimbi** – University of Queensland
20. Lachlan Connors** – Bond University
21. Louis Werchon – Wests
22. Shaun Anderson** – GPS
23. Floyd Aubrey – GPS

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
QLD team named. Remembering this is a capped match. So a bunch of debutants.

1. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank
2. Max Craig* – Easts
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen* – Norths
4. Seru Uru – Wests
5. Cormac Daly* – TBC
6. Connor Anderson – Wests
7. John Bryant* – Souths
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips* – Souths
11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
12. Lawson Creighton (c) – Brothers
13. Josh Flook – Brothers
14. Tim Ryan* – Brothers
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Moli Sooaemalagi** – Bond University
17. George Blake – Bond University
18. Massimo de Lutiis** – Easts
19. Chris Minimbi** – University of Queensland
20. Lachlan Connors** – Bond University
21. Louis Werchon – Wests
22. Shaun Anderson** – GPS
23. Floyd Aubrey – GPS
Capped game deserves a match thread:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When did Aubrey get capped previously? Was it in this game last year?

yep - along with Ben Navosailagi, Connor Anderson, Phrancis Sula-Siaosi, Wilson Blyth, Taine Roiri, Louis Werchon and Joey Fittock.

Did Fittock get a bad injury some time? Don't think I saw him all season.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beverage partners announced:

XXXX/lion continuing, Taylor's (wine) and Asahi/PepsiCo (non-alcoholic) coming on board.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
So, any speculation about final additions to the squad to be announced on Thursday after the Saitama game?

For me most of the standouts were already signed players, but I thought Lachlan Connors had a real impact in his brief stint off the bench. I'm not sure we have room for another back rower though, particularly not with Bryant looking really good and a fair bit closer to super rugby ready than I had initially thought. I would've liked to see a bit more of Minimbi but he didn't do too much wrong in his time so I expect he'll make the squad to round out the locks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lock and back three seem the gap for me.

Not sure if there are anyone obvious from the weekend? I assume Flloyd Aubrey will be one spot?

Would Annan be a fullback option? Where is he?

Lock I have no idea - Minimbi must be the next man on the line? Or Wilson Blyth who looked really good this time last year, I thought.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lock and back three seem the gap for me.

Not sure if there are anyone obvious from the weekend? I assume Flloyd Aubrey will be one spot?

Would Annan be a fullback option? Where is he?

Lock I have no idea - Minimbi must be the next man on the line? Or Wilson Blyth who looked really good this time last year, I thought.
I was hoping to see more of Wilson Blyth too, but it has been a while. Did he play at all for Bond this year?

I'm kind of assuming Annan and Aubrey will both be re-signed, but it is curious Annan hasn't been sighted recently. Might just be injured though.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
West point autos extends their sponsorship for another 2 years:

Think it's pretty good indication Taj Annan has been re-signed too, given he's front and center on the promo shot for that article.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
id say that answers the Annan injury question; they’d be using the injured/rehab players for media duties

IMG_2799.jpeg

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Queensland Reds 2024 Squad​

• Connor Anderson – Wests
  • Taj Annan – Souths
  • Floyd Aubrey** – GPS
  • Richie Asiata – Easts
  • George Blake – Bond University
  • Angus Blyth – Bond University
  • Joe Brial* – TBC
  • John Bryant** – Souths
  • Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
  • Max Craig** – Easts
  • Lawson Creighton – Brothers
  • Cormac Daly** – TBC
  • Massimo de Lutiis** – Easts
  • Sef Fa'agase – Sunnybank
  • Matt Faessler – Brothers
  • Josh Flook – Brothers
  • Frankie Goldsbrough* – Easts
  • Mac Grealy – University of Queenslnad
  • Isaac Henry – Wests
  • Alex Hodgman* – Sunnybank
  • Tom Lynagh – University of Queensland
  • Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
  • Harry McLaughlin-Phillips** – Souths
  • Fraser McReight – Brothers
  • Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
  • Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
  • James O'Connor – Brothers
  • Hunter Paisami – Wests
  • Jordan Petaia – Wests
  • Peni Ravai – Easts
  • Taine Roiri** – Sunnybank
  • Tim Ryan** – Brothers
  • Ryan Smith – Brothers
  • Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
  • Jeffery Toomaga-Allen** – Norths
  • Seru Uru – Wests
  • Connor Vest – University of Queensland
  • Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
  • Louis Werchon** – Wests
  • Harry Wilson – Brothers
  • Liam Wright – Easts
*denotes uncapped for Queensland **denotes uncapped for Queensland at Super Rugby level

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looks like Taine Roiri is the extra lock, had forgotten about him after his injury but he makes a lot of sense.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Looks like Taine Roiri is the extra lock, had forgotten about him after his injury but he makes a lot of sense.
I’m a bit worried about this selection. I know nothing about the guy and went on to You tube and not one family member or friend has put together a catchy highlights video with gangster rap background music.

Makes me concerned either he’s a dud or this is another one of those age things. Is he big on TikTok???