• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R11: Waratahs vs Sharks @ Western Sydney Stadium - Saturday 27 April 2019

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs need to keep the momentum going after a good win against the Rebels. Absolutely crucial game in terms of the Aussie conference now that it is so congested.

Tolu Latu is available for selection and I would expect him on the bench given the lack of game time Tuala has had.

The Burke

Stan Wickham (3)
Will be interesting to see the new stadium. Hearing good things.
Hopefully conditions are better and we see some decent attacking rugby.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tahs should fancy this, notwithstanding Tolu Latu incurring a yellow within 5 minutes of his introduction.

Should be a decent crowd too, given the excitement around the new stadium.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Two weeks ago the Sharks were on top of the world and top of their conference. Now they are 3rd on the back of two bad losses and this is the first game of four in Australasia; they are pretty much guaranteed to lose to the two NZ teams so the two Australian games are pretty much must-win or the top conference spot and home finals will be pretty much out of sight. They will be desperate to win.

The Waratahs are in the new stadium, they've had two weeks to regather after Izzy's meltdown and need a win to haul in the Rebels. Lose this and they are in a lot of trouble and about to head off to SA, where pickings for them have been very lean over the years. They too will be desperate to win.

For both teams this game will be season-defining: One team will be on the road to the finals, the other will be just making up the numbers till next year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good summary Hawko. Hopefully the teams will respond by trying to win the game rather than trying not to lose it. Just not sure there is any momentum just yet with the Tahs for Braveheart's comment to hold a lot of water.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I see where you are coming from BR, it's been pretty mixed from the Tahs this year. Having said that, there have been some good moments (mostly in the second half) topped, of course, with the win over the Saders.
If you were a Tahs player and looking for momentum, I would be looking at 16-0 in the second half v the Rebels.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tahs season could so easily be different. Four really tight losses that could all have easily been wins.

Weird year from them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs season could so easily be different. Four really tight losses that could all have easily been wins.

Weird year from them.

The Tahs biggest loss this season was 6 points (Brumbies). Their other losses were 3, 2, and 1 point.

Their biggest win of the season is 11 points followed by 8, 3 and 1.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
HARRY JOHNSON-HOLMES
DAMIEN FITZPATRICK
SEKOPE KEPU
JED HOLLOWAY
ROB SIMMONS
JACK DEMPSEY
MICHAEL HOOPER
MICHAEL WELLS
JAKE GORDON
BERNARD FOLEY
CURTIS RONA
KARMICHAEL HUNT
ADAM ASHLEY-COOPER
CAM CLARK
KURTLEY BEALE
TOLU LATU
RORY O’CONNOR
CHRIS TALAKAI
TOM STANIFORTH
LACHLAN SWINTON
NICK PHIPPS
LALAKAI FOKETI
ALEX NEWSOME

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fairly decent team actually. I'd have Newsome on over Clark and Foketi over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but that's about it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes venturing out with 2 mates to new stadium - interestingly first time gone to tahs game in something like 3-4 years. Taken a bit to get me back to a game but smaller stadium attractive plus better tahs performances over last two seasons

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I thought Newsome was one of our best last week, don't mind Clark at all but I rate Newsome ahead of him. Not sure re Foketi/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) certainly more reliable, but Foketi probably offers more upside in attack.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought Newsome was one of our best last week, don't mind Clark at all but I rate Newsome ahead of him. Not sure re Foketi/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) certainly more reliable, but Foketi probably offers more upside in attack.

The wings are being rotated

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Newsome had some really good moments last week but he also had a clanger on Meakes' try. He certainly looks great in attack though.

I really rate Foketi but I think his decision making lets him down a little bit. We should have scored on the break he was involved in but he went the wrong way. If he'd gone back on the inside to the support that way we would have scored.