• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 10: Waratahs vs Rebels @ SCG, Saturday 20 April

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kurtley Beale has missed training the last two days with tonsillitis which is the last thing the Tahs need given Folau is also out.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gees, that would put a strain on wouldn't it?

Hunt most likely then with Foketi in the centres?

I guess AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Newsome and Clark (and even Foley) could be options. Having Hunt in the defensive line could be pretty important though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Rona back on the wing, Cam Clark to fullback and keep Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centres I reckon. Foketi stays on the bench.

Whilst I rate Foketi and think he'd be unlucky to miss out on the starting XV, I'd prefer Hunt at 12 and expect him to bounce back from a poor game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
At Wallaby level we might have the depth to cope without Folau but it's going to be a much greater loss for the Waratahs. In saying that I'd expect Beale to recover in time. So I assume Beale will be at 15 with Hunt at 12 then there'll be some combination of Foketi, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Clark, and Newsome covering 13 and the wings.

Edit if Rona is back then he'd be on one wing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why would Hanigan or Wells be out?

Roets is only getting a short run for Manly off the bench. I would be surprised if he is close to making the side.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels looking good against a weakened Tahs side - or is that Tah spin doctoring to give us false hope?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All Aussie match official squad with Damon Murphy refereeing, Nic Berry and Jordan Way the assistants and James Leckie the TMO.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Think the 'Tahs could be a real chance here. Never wise to rule them out and they always play well against the Rebels. They're probably all sick of the off field shit and just want to let their rugby do the talking.

'Tahs by 5.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs

1. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Kepu
4. Holloway
5. Simmons
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Wells
9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. Newsome
12. Hunt
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Clark
15. Beale

16. Tuala 17. O'Connor 18. Talakai 19. Staniforth 20. Miller 21. Phipps 22. Foketi 23. Rona

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I definitely feel more upbeat about the Tahs chances with this team than I was feeling a few days ago.

Will depend a lot on how well the Rebels bounce back after a shocking game against the Stormers and whether the Tahs can put the Folau drama behind them.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rebels 23:

1. Matt Gibbon
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Matt Philip
5. Adam Coleman
6. Luke Jones
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Billy Meakes
13. Tom English (c)
14. Jack Maddocks
15. Reece Hodge

Reserves
16. Hugh Roach
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Sam Talakai
19. Ross Haylett-Petty
20. Rob Leota
21. Michael Ruru
22. Campbell Magnay
23. Sione Tuipulotu

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I definitely feel more upbeat about the Tahs chances with this team than I was feeling a few days ago.

Will depend a lot on how well the Rebels bounce back after a shocking game against the Stormers and whether the Tahs can put the Folau drama behind them.

It looks OK, provided Beale can be the real Beale we expect and not the facsimile that he has been this season

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
If I were to pick a combined team at the moment I could find space for only 4 Tahs in the starting 15 at best - HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Kepu, Hooper & Beale
On paper we are right up against it this week.