• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 11: Rebels v Blues

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I couldn't watch the game at the time and don't think I quite want to but I'm surprised by the number of Rebels in peoples' TotW despite a scoreboard drubbing. Didn't see much chat about Uelese and Gordon in the thread but they were impressive?
I couldn't bring myself to vote for any Tahs or Force players after their efforts on the weekend. The Brumbies were disappointing for a lot of the game against the Drua. On the other hand, the Rebels were impressive against the Blues (the form team in the competition) until the last 10 - 15 minutes. I think my tally of votes, 6 to Reds, 5 to Rebels and 4 to Brumbies is a fair indication of their respective efforts.

For the Rebels, Canham was outstanding, Louwrense was better than I've seen from him in years and the rest were quite good and in my eyes better than their counterparts in the other two sides.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I couldn't bring myself to vote for any Tahs or Force players after their efforts on the weekend. The Brumbies were disappointing for a lot of the game against the Drua. On the other hand, the Rebels were impressive against the Blues (the form team in the competition) until the last 10 - 15 minutes. I think my tally of votes, 6 to Reds, 5 to Rebels and 4 to Brumbies is a fair indication of their respective efforts.

For the Rebels, Canham was outstanding, Louwrense was better than I've seen from him in years and the rest were quite good and in my eyes better than their counterparts in the other two sides.
That's fair, Rebels getting a lot of criticism for that performance unfairly. They lost 3 centers, one before the game and both starters in the first half, I don't think any team in Australia would really be capable of winning with those loses.

Think Uelese is actually playing some of his best rugby in years, really missing Wilkin/Hardwick at 7.