• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 16 - Blues v Rebels, Sat 2nd June @3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Time for a win at Eden Park. But in all honestly have the Blues have not won at home this season. 3 Wins have all been on the road. They will be looking at this as a game they should win but we all know with the Blues it's about which team shows up on the day.

Rebels still have a lot to work on but the last 2 weeks has been an improvement, if they can contain the Blues I think they would be the better side in the last 20 minutes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Time for a win at Eden Park.

bangif.gif
Blues coming off a bye which means one thing: strip clubs, KFC, beer, Pizza Hut, netflix bingeing and McD.
Ok then, 6 things.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Blues side:

1. Alex Hodgman
2. Matt Moulds
3. Ofa Tuungafasi
4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti
5. Matiaha Martin
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Dalton Papalii
8. Akira Ioane
9. Augustine Pulu (C)
10. Stephen Perofeta
11. Tumua Manu
12. Sonny Bill Williams or Terrence Hepetema
13. Orbyn Leger
14. Matt Duffie
15. Michael Collins

Reserves: 16. Leni Apisai, 17. Pauliasi Manu, 18. Sione Mafileo, 19. Ben Nee-Nee, 20. Sione Havili, 21. Jonathan Ruru, 22. Bryn Gatland, 23. TJ Faiane or Terrence Hepetema

Collins is the only one back from injury after two weeks off. Somehow.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Clarke is out mugging some poor Japanese high school graduates and R.Ioane is being rested. I still don't know who half the guys in this team are.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
my avatar bet not looking flash here
I thought Nanai was back?
Tana hates him because he's too exciting and he doesn't like to catch the ball then kick it directly back to the other f**king team

2. Matt Moulds: great chance for him to usurp our dipshit bog-standard captain
5. Matiaha Martin. who?
8. Akira Ioane: He starts. Unlike the Dick Frizzle guy doing crosswords on the Landers bench in his shiny brand new fucken AB jersey
12. Sonny Bill Williams or Terrence Hepetema

0.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If the Rebels can't beat this team, they got big problems. I seriously think the second string Sunwolves team from last week would probably knock over this Blues team. Well I think so as I don't know many of them at all.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If the Rebels can't beat this team, they got big problems. I seriously think the second string Sunwolves team from last week would probably knock over this Blues team. Well I think so as I don't know many of them at all.
The Tahs couldn't beat them at brookie when they then beat the Highlanders and pushed the Chiefs all the way. Its a psychomalogicamil thingo.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Still not confident, they will find a way to stuff it up.

In all honesty i'd be content with a bonus point but a win would probably mean the Rebels play finals this year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
team

Melbourne Rebels team vs Blues on Saturday 2 June, 2018 at Auckland, New Zealand:
1. Fereti Sa’aga
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Matt Philip
5. Adam Coleman (capt.)
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Michael Ruru
10. Reece Hodge
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Billy Meakes
13. Tom English
14. Jack Maddocks
15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
16. Jordan Uelese
17. Ben Daley
18. Sam Talakai
19. Geoff Parling
20. Ross Haylett-Petty
21. Harrison Goddard
22. Tayler Adams
23. Lopeti Timani
«
BLUES FRONT OF MIND AS WALLABIES LOOM FOR HODGE

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
So is Deb still being "rested"??
This is where coaches get themselves in trouble with the bullshit they try and spin to the media and the players themselves.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I posted this stat in the match preview last week. It's worth repeating I reckon:

Prior to last week's game the Rebels have a points differential of +74 when Genia is on the field and -107 when he is not. I guess it's +74 and -80 now.

It would help a bit if we had him this week :(

wow. that is incredible

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I posted this stat in the match preview last week. It's worth repeating I reckon:

Prior to last week's game the Rebels have a points differential of +74 when Genia is on the field and -107 when he is not. I guess it's +74 and -80 now.

It would help a bit if we had him this week :(

Well Blues are also resting their best player Rieko Ioane - who I think has played every minute of every game so far this season.

EDIT - oh and also SBW - who is out injured for 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.