• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 16: QLD v JAGUARES (AKA Argentina) - Lang Park 1/6 7.45

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Adam84 has suggested that Daugunu, Kerevi, Stewart, Timu, JP Smith, Hockings and Feauai-Sautia all back and available for selection this week.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
perhaps

15 Stewart
14 Campbell
13 CFS
12 Kerevi
11 Naivalu
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott

8 ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
7 Wright
6 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5 Rodda
4 Hockings
3 Tupou
2 Mafi
1 JP Smith

16 BPA
17 Hoopert
18 Ruan Smith
19 Blythe
20 Higgers
21 Sorovi
22 Paia'aua
23 Daugunu

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I really like that team Reg. I really like what I've seen of Blythe the last few weeks though so I'd let him start and make Hockings earn the starting giraffes jersey back again.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Some experienced heads signed on for next year would be good.

But, first and foremost I want some backline strike power retained, developed and/or
signed. I don’t care if they are seasoned veterans or up and comers.

The forward pack is evolving nicely and, if we can retain everyone that player on the weekend barring Higgers + Hockings I’ll be pretty happy.

The backline has some promising shoots, but has a bit further to progress.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Adam84 has suggested that Daugunu, Kerevi, Stewart, Timu, JP Smith, Hockings and Feauai-Sautia all back and available for selection this week.

Yep, slight question mark over one or two who still needs to prove fitness, but the reinforcements are coming.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
perhaps

15 Stewart
14 Campbell
13 CFS
12 Kerevi
11 Naivalu
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott

8 ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
7 Wright
6 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5 Rodda
4 Hockings
3 Tupou
2 Mafi
1 JP Smith

16 BPA
17 Hoopert
18 Ruan Smith
19 Blythe
20 Higgers
21 Sorovi
22 Paia'aua
23 Daugunu

I think Rodda is having a compulsory spell this weekend, so probably Blythe and Hockings as the locks, and Hockings back on the bench.
Also I've not been particularly impressed with Naivalu's form. It's as though he serving time waiting to move on next year.
I'd rather have Daugunu start on the wing, and Matt McGahan on the bench as a utility replacement. I believe he can play at flyhalf & no 12.
Also, I'm hoping that the latinos are having a really good time living it up at the Gold Coast;)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah Rodda likely to be rested. Will be interesting to see whether Hockings-Blyth partner in the second row, or if LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) shifts back to lock.

Wallabies would prefer LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) play at 6, so will be interesting

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah Rodda likely to be rested. Will be interesting to see whether Hockings-Blyth partner in the second row, or if LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) shifts back to lock.

Wallabies would prefer LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) play at 6, so will be interesting

Why do we rest a player some 12-14 weeks before the RWC, particularly when they come from a team that is out of finals contention. They have a built in rest? Generally peaking is achieved by building and tapering.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
they're not resting. They are being worked in their week off. Worked hard.

Perhaps team management could say "player x is being worked next week" instead of "rested". Just a suggestion in the interest of meaningful communication.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
D7uo6-BUwAANkn6.jpg:large

Did anyone pick that Matt McGahan would be playing 10?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds v Jaguares – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on June 1 at 7:45pm AEST

1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Angus Blyth – Bond University
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright – Easts
8. Scott Higginbotham – Wests
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. Matt McGahan – Norths
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Samu Kerevi – Souths (c)
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
14. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Ruan Smith – GPS
18. Gav Luka – Bond University*
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
21. Scott Malolua – Souths*
22. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
23. Hamish Stewart – Bond University

*Denotes potential Super Rugby/Queensland debut

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Glad Higgers gets a start in his 100th QLD game. Fantastic achievement.

I don't get the McGahan and Hegarty swap but happy to trial it given the stage of the season we are in.

Haven't seen Sorovi listed as injured but he's off the bench again? Shame given it's indigenous round.

Really like that 3/4 line. Would love to see Daugunu get plenty of ball this week

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Sometime during the game I can see McGahan going off (unless he has a cracker), Hegarty moving up to 10, and Stewart brought on.
Hegarty will play through as the conversion kicker, although he had a week he'd rather forget last week.
Is McGahan any good at kicking conversions?

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm happy to see McGahan get game time, let's not see another Mason drama. I'm looking forward to see what he can offer.

Agreed Reg, if we want to win we need to give the 3/4s loads of space. I want to see CFS, Jock and Filipo glued to Samu's shoulder all night.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Really hoping the Reds can pullout a victory this week, otherwise it'll be tough for the Brumbies to get up to second. Avoiding a roadtrip to BA then back to Christchurch would be ideal, plus it'd be good to see QLD finish above NSW.