• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 8: NSFW Waratahs vs The Auckland Blues

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Less Paremoremo Jailbreak/ Polynesian B'ball, more proper rugby (set piece, exits, structure, all that shit) does work after all, eh? Who'd of thunk that? Some cnut from Marlborough, I reckon :)

As per the official expatriate Pitcarins visitors map of NZ, below, you'll find that the preferred term is "NZ Corsica".

NZ_Geog.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All the same thing once you get south of the OG Auckland province. Except for glorious NZ Corsica, of course.

F*** off don't you dare bundle the Mighty Nua in with the rest, which a all really a step up from Auckland anyway, listen zer) I appreciate Blues are going well, but after extensive DNA checks it has been confirmed that Auks are only one step up the evolutunary scale from Aussies!!:p

Ok I'll see myself out fellas!!:D:cool:

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
F*** off don't you dare bundle the Mighty Nua in with the rest, which a all really a step up from Auckland anyway, listen zer) I appreciate Blues are going well, but after extensive DNA checks it has been confirmed that Auks are only one step up the ecological scale from Aussie!!:p

Ok I'll see myself out fellas!!:D:cool:
Ecological?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
already making news in France...
Les Miserable Le HMS NSFW Le Rainbow Warrior LOL

Loss Bleus et leur vétéran milieu de terrain Ma'a Nonu le sun, le moon, le sky and le earth. Nonu, qui souhaitait faire son retour le rocke solide All Black.
Loss Bleus victoire de rugby.
Loss Bleus victoire de justice.​
Loss Bleus victiore de humanitie.​

C’est la première fois de gras Loss Bleus remportent quatre rebonds et il est donc évident que le projet de restauration supervisé par le nouvel entraîneur-chef Leon MacDonald et le gourmete de l’attaquant Tom Coventry est la réalité. Monsieur Tana le water boy lol.

rainbowwr03.jpg
Le 2019 HMS NSFW Le Rainbow Warrior de Aucklande Harboure.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I'll take that W.

Tahs are a tough team in those conditions. Was impressed by Staniforth for the Tahs. Folau and Foley very good too.

For Blues Nonu is a gem. What a player. Faiane excellent at 13 too. Blues have really started understanding how to close games down. Excellent. On the other hand Collins is still awful.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I am at a loss to comprehend how missing a game in the beginning of April has any remote connection to how fresh a bloke is in September. Perhaps some of you sports scientists can help me out here.

The most recent evidence suggests that 'resting' players from games has no positive impact on injury, in fact it may well be a negative as players in competition have their routine interrupted by the rest and could be more prone to injury in the following week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The most recent evidence suggests that 'resting' players from games has no positive impact on injury, in fact it may well be a negative as players in competition have their routine interrupted by the rest and could be more prone to injury in the following week.

Cheika was on Fox yesterday, they aren't being rested, they are doing an extra fitness work block without the need to taper for a game on the end of that week

Theory is that each player has 25 games in them each season and he wants players peaking for two sets of games, 4 in the the rugby championship and then in the 7 in a row at the WC.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'll take that W.

Tahs are a tough team in those conditions. Was impressed by Staniforth for the Tahs. Folau and Foley very good too.

For Blues Nonu is a gem. What a player. Faiane excellent at 13 too. Blues have really started understanding how to close games down. Excellent. On the other hand Collins is still awful.

I thought it was a good game and the Tahs did pretty well to come back and didn't play crap, the Blues are a good side. We have found a gem in Holmes

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought it was a good game and the Tahs did pretty well to come back and didn't play crap, the Blues are a good side. We have found a gem in Holmes

Agree with you fp, I was real impressed with Holmes against Reds, thought he really did Tupou over in scrums, and he is really backing up with more bloody good performances.
And agree it was a good game, Tahs weren't bad, think credit goes to Blues for going well.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Sadly a loss, but a very good 60 minute performance from the Tahs.
What was going on in the first 20 I don't know, I counted 6 Tah errors in the first 6 minutes (Phipps kick out on the full, dropped balls, stupid penalties) and thought they might put 80 on us. Then things turned around, and we watched a pretty good game of football between two good teams, which the Tahs won 29-15, all good but for that appalling start.
To me the turning point was a driving, dominant tackle followed immediately by a turnover by HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), those are the moments that lift sides, and I thought the Tahs were in the game from that moment on.

I thought HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was by far the Tahs best, followed by Staniforth, who certainly played his best game in light blue. He should retain that lock spot, with Hanigan to fight it out with Dempsey, Wells and Holloway when he gets back for a spot in the back row.

The centres remain a real dilemma. Hunt had a poor game last night, but has generally been pretty good, with hard, straight running and tough defence, however without Beale there just seems to be no creativity in the backs. Unfortunately, with that creativity and spark come a lot of negatives, like a total lack of commitment in defence, the occasional high risk play when it's not on and the crabbing across field. Possibly Hunt at 12 and Foketi at 13, with Beale off the bench? A tough one.

On a positive note, we now have three Super rugby class wingers battling it out for two spots. I think both Newsome and Clarke have been very sound, and Rona has also been good. Probably Rona and Newsome would be my choice, but I wouldn't object to any other combination of the three.

Finally, well done the Blues, they are a very good side, and could well find themselves in the play-offs this year.