• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Auckland Blues v ACT Brumbies, Sat, April 20 2024

Favourite Rugby Manoeuvre:

• The Garry Owen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Seagull vs The Falcon

• The Basil Brush

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Official
ACT Brumbies
Matchday Team Photo:

iranian.jpg

Official
Auckland Blues
Matchday Team Photo:

manowar.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That missed kick against the Clan in round three is now looking to be VERY expensive for the Tahs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies' rotation continues in the forwards, and a 6/2 bench...

Saturday 20 April 5:05 PM AEST – Blues v ACT Brumbies at Eden Park, Auckland, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport

BLUES (1-15):
Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Ricky Riccitelli, Marcel Renata, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Laghlan McWhannell, Akira Ioane, Dalton Papali'i, Hoskins Sotutu, Taufa Funaki, Harry Plummer, Caleb Clarke, Bryce Heem, Rieko Ioane, Mark Tele'a, Cole Forbes

RESERVES: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu'a, Angus Ta'avao, Sam Darry, Adrian Choat, Sam Nock, Lucas Cashmore, AJ Lam

BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Billy Pollard, Sefo Kautai, Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Charlie Cale, Ryan Lonergan (c), Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Hudson Creighton, Ollie Sapsford, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Nick Frost, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Harrison Goddard, Jack Debreczeni,

Referee: Ben O'Keeffe

Assistant Referees: Stu Curran, Jackson Henshaw

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
This 2 weeks will be a good test of where the Brumbies are really at. They've certainly improved since the Chiefs debacle but the draw has been very favourable.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This has the making of interesting game this one! As grif says, be good test of where Brumbies actually are, and probably same for Blues. I reckon both teams probably play similar confrontational type game when playing well, so could be the makings of a good one.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Any Australian team trying to win at Eden Park is up against it. I don't expect the Brumbies to win, but it's pretty exciting that it seems like they just about should

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Strewth, not only difficult for Aussie teams to win at Eden Park; Crusaders are the only NZ side to win there in something like 5 or more years. So, I agree a Brumbies win is highly unlikely. I expect it will be an epic battle up front but Blues likely to have the upper hand at lineout given the issues the Brumbies have had there this year. Blues to win in hopefully a close game.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So it's gonna be a cripple fight of popgun kicks vs. disastrous lineout? Rugby par excellente.

EDIT: Looks like the cripple fight will be in the rain too. Though may not necessarily be cold.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So it's gonna be a cripple fight of popgun kicks vs. disastrous lineout? Rugby par excellente.

EDIT: Looks like the cripple fight will be in the rain too. Though may not necessarily be cold.
Just my type of entertainment.. cripple fight ..in wet t-shirts

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bad news, Bumbreeze fans; noted shitheel and cheapshot arsehole Darcy Swain is now just minutes away from becoming pregnant with Akira's bumcrack violation lovechild.