• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Travi34

Hey Guys,

The Rebel Army is coming to Sydney, and would be interested in doing a social game of touch against a GAGR/Tah Fan team.

Date and Time would probably be Sat 30th April Afternoon - prior to the game that night.

We are in no way a team, we are a mismatch bunch of "has beens, might bes and never was's" similar to the team we support....

I've got a bit of interest on Twitter from some Sydney-siders, and we would have numbers for a side, so if you are keen, let me know!

Pre-requisites.
Some form of sporting attire.
Attendance at a field/pitch TBA.
Nil Skill.

Hit us up on here, Twitter (@Travi34) or email travish@rebel-army.com

Travis Tee

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Rebel Army not coming to QLD? Brisbane not good enough for you? No rivalry between QLD and Victoria you say?

Well have a fun time then! :D

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Rebel Army not coming to QLD? Brisbane not good enough for you? No rivalry between QLD and Victoria you say?

Well have a fun time then! :D

We have Quade Cooper in the team we support, so they know we'd be too good for them at 'TOUCH'!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I am the Morgan Turinui of touch football. Excellent hands, full of ideas for directing play, and embarrasingly slow.

I should be able to make it. Uniform = green / gold, esp. G&GR t-shirt if you've got one?

Trav - is there a ground organised? Can be tricky in Sydney on a Saturday afternoon.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I am the Morgan Turinui of touch football. Excellent hands, full of ideas for directing play, and embarrasingly slow.

I should be able to make it. Uniform = green / gold, esp. G&GR t-shirt if you've got one?

Trav - is there a ground organised? Can be tricky in Sydney on a Saturday afternoon.
How about the park out the front of the SFS?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
That park sounds ideal. Might be worth investigating availability / legality.

I've got 6 traffic cones I stole from Randwick Council.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Hey guys, Stu from the Rebel Army here. Our thoughts were the park near the SFS (Moore Park?) but Google Maps shows it with AFL posts. It'd be that or somewhere nearby, nevertheless. Does the SCG Trust control all the grounds around there? We'll get in touch with them or the council or whoever to sort it out.

For those (rightfully) concerned about drinking times, rest assured that this has been taken into consideration. We're probably looking at 20-minute halves, with a drinks break at half time and drinks breaks during halves. Pub afterwards.

However the GAGRatahs want to kit themselves out is fine, but I'm guessing light blue may be the order of the day? :p

T

Travi34

Worst case scenario, we find a random park, and I'll have 20 or so little cones to mark out a playing area.

I reckon if we can get 10 for each side, and play 5 or 6 a side. (semi proper rules) plus a few on lookers/camera men/beer drinkers.

What are sydders parks like if you bring and esky of bevvies in with you?

Totally need water boys/girls that bring out a 6 pack for the team...

Maybe a handicap of a shot for every 5 years younger than 35 you are at the start of each half, should even it up a lil... :)

Need some more numbers to make this possible! so Sydders people come to the party!

Give us a hoy if you have any Qs!

Trav

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'll bring the family along, so will have a car that could easily hold an esky.

Cyril Towers (30)
I think I'll be down for the game so I'm a possible. I've got pakalani's hands and baxter's skill set and pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.