• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
He has an excellent network of contacts that helped deliver Smith, Lahiff and Sexton.
He is the only senior member of the Rugby staff who is actually under contract for next year and the team being put together is very much his.
We are lucky to have him , the ARU tried to poach him!
I'll back Hegarty , he's played 7 games of Rugby since he was 15 and I thought showed encouraging poise last night , albeit with a few rough edges.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Should this speculation re: Foley turn out to have any legs, I would be curious to see how Roberts goes at 12. He's already got familiarity with Foley from Uni and he's not small. He'd probably need to put in a pretty big pre-season to add some beef, if he can. But, it would provide some interesting attacking options in the backline.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Gus is probably a 15 and not as good a one as Woodward.
Hope we resign Kimami, has some real gas, something we lack

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
9. Stirzaker/Burgess
10. Foley
11. Sitauti
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Inman
14. English/Vuna/Someone
15. Woodward

Is a seriously decent backline. Shouldn't get my hopes up.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Gus is probably a 15 and not as good a one as Woodward.
Hope we resign Kimami, has some real gas, something we lack

I agree that Woodward is probably a superior 15, mostly for his running game. But I do not necessarily agree that you could pigeonhole Roberts as one also. I missed the South African games, so I am not up to speed to why so many people are against him but I'm trying to get my hands on them to see. I think he has the talents to play 10, although probably more as a kicker/distributor but that is largely based on the promising signs demonstrated in the games here and the reports that have filtered through the media. My suggestion of 12 was a contemplation of a 10/12 playmaker pairing, allowing Woodward to focus moreso on a custodian role.

I also agree that Kimami looks to be a keeper, his cameo this weekend showed that he can provide something to the Rebels going forward and he should be retained if possible. I'd be interested to know where he might be going, as he hasn't exactly had a season to attract interest and given that he is on his 3rd franchise already, I would think that he'd be keen to maintain a contract with the team which gave him that chance.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Where is Kimami Sitauti playing his club rugby at the moment, is he coming back to Souths in Brisbane or will he go to one of the rebels feeder clubs in sydney?

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I was just thinking that it would mark a drastically different direction in recruiting, heading away from superstars to a more team driven approach.

I think the info blues recovery has is on the right track, but it won't be as drastic a switch.

There is a realisation that the superstar approach was not a mistake, but perhaps more suited to the club's first few years, and now they have a base support, they need to start building a winning team to fill the bandwagon.

For instance, I think JOC (James O'Connor) will re-sign, but for less cash. Beale will go, and some EPS spots will start going to local kids.

Sam Cordingley is making some brilliant moves.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Keep in mind that Heath Tessmann is returning to the Rebels next year and has shown his worth over at the Force this year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think it highly likely that both beale and o'connor will go. the former to the warartahs or league, and brand o'connor to the reds. whilst i think it would be good to keep both, i don't think losing either or both has a significant downside. my impression is that as a "team" the rebels seem to play better without them, probably all playing know they need to lift 10% to cover for the loss of the playmaking stars. thats not to say that neither beale nor o'connor haven't contributed on the field i think both have had a significant impact at times when on the field, just not certain overall its helped or hindered the rebels development.

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
i think it highly likely that both beale and o'connor will go. the former to the warartahs or league, and brand o'connor to the reds. whilst i think it would be good to keep both, i don't think losing either or both has a significant downside. my impression is that as a "team" the rebels seem to play better without them, probably all playing know they need to lift 10% to cover for the loss of the playmaking stars. thats not to say that neither beale nor o'connor haven't contributed on the field i think both have had a significant impact at times when on the field, just not certain overall its helped or hindered the rebels development.
If JOC (James O'Connor) wants to play 10 there is no point going to the reds. Unless QC (Quade Cooper) goes to league...

Status
Not open for further replies.