• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A lot of this just isn't accurate.

1) If you win the contact battle, there are not more people defending because they've got to get around the breakdown.
2) Even presuming you go wide first faze, you need threatening ball runners at angles holding up the defense.
3) This is not limiting, it's the cornerstone of every first phase of attack any team runs.

It'd probably be easier to explain if it was a mixture of verbal and on paper and not on a forum.
What we need is a whiteboard session.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
It'd probably be easier to explain if it was a mixture of verbal and on paper and not on a forum.

You're probably right, I'm not saying theres no value in crash ball running. I'm saying that variety is what scores tries, not predictability. And the way I see it watching the Rebels for most of the early part of the year, our attack was predictable. My point is that I hope next year we utilise our best assets (like Sefa) in an unpredictable manner.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
A lot of this just isn't accurate.

1) If you win the contact battle, there are not more people defending because they've got to get around the breakdown.
2) Even presuming you go wide first faze, you need threatening ball runners at angles holding up the defense.
3) This is not limiting, it's the cornerstone of every first phase of attack any team runs.

One things for sure is after Simone's form in nrc at 12 I expect at bare minimum Gibson tries him there in trial games to see how he goes. As if plays like he has for nrc we just might have found a long term replacement for Beale - and of that calibre.

Pretty exciting talent so keen to watch his progress this year at tahs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Just curious. I was watching the storm train yesterday and noticed the Rebels were training. A couple of young boys running around. One was a half back and the other was a tall boy, lock. There was also a young Fijian boy. Looked liked a loosie. Any one know?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just curious. I was watching the storm train yesterday and noticed the Rebels were training. A couple of young boys running around. One was a half back and the other was a tall boy, lock. There was also a young Fijian boy. Looked liked a loosie. Any one know?

If it was the Rising, which it probably was, the Fijian boy could be either Joeli B from Box Hill (not young, but maybe looks it. He's a 7) or Yabaki Seeto (a lock from Vic 18s, I think he has one more year there).

The tall boy could be Hosea and the halfback could be Hunt. They're both locals who play in the Brisbane schools comp, but I think school's in session so it's probably not.

Interesting. I'm curious as to who they were.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
If it was the Rising, which it probably was, the Fijian boy could be either Joeli B from Box Hill (not young, but maybe looks it. He's a 7) or Yabaki Seeto (a lock from Vic 18s, I think he has one more year there).

The tall boy could be Hosea and the halfback could be Hunt. They're both locals who play in the Brisbane schools comp, but I think school's in session so it's probably not.

Interesting. I'm curious as to who they were.
If from Brisbane it is school holidays there.
Interesting.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Just heard the Fijian boy is Robert Valentini.
Some good talent there. The other 2 boys were from the successful JGC that won the first tournament under Greg Coward. I do here hunt is with the emerging reds as was Hosea who's not now. Let's hope these boys come back as it seems clear they have talent.
There's to many young boys leaving due to opportunities. Coward, Sauni, Aupuni.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just heard the Fijian boy is Robert Valentini.
Some good talent there. The other 2 boys were from the successful JGC that won the first tournament under Greg Coward. I do here hunt is with the emerging reds as was Hosea who's not now. Let's hope these boys come back as it seems clear they have talent.
There's to many young boys leaving due to opportunities. Coward, Sauni, Aupuni.

I would be surprised if the Fijian boy was Valentini, seeing as he's signed with the Brumbies.

Maybe there's a gentleman's agreement that he would train with the Rebels until he moves up to Canberra, but he opted against Vic School so I don't think he's participating in any Victorian programs.

He really should be with Aus Schools, but that's what happens when you miss the schools' tournament.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What can we do in the short term to fix it?

Where are Sauni and Aupuni off to?

Can understand the perspective of someone like Sauni though. 4 hookers at the Rebels, one a club stalwart, one a regular Wallaby squad member, 2 Victorians, one the Aus U20s hooker, the other preventing him from starting in the Firsts at Endeavour Hills.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Sauni is playing for Auckland u19's and Auipuni is playing 1st grade colts in Sydney.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
From a story in The Age about the NRL Grand Final:

"Koroibete was leaving for rugby union too and his reckless and high tackle on Sharks halfback Chad Townsend saw him put on report. If suspended later in the week, he potentially could serve his penalty in rugby union."

Can they do that?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

"Koroibete was leaving for rugby union too and his reckless and high tackle on Sharks halfback Chad Townsend saw him put on report. If suspended later in the week, he potentially could serve his penalty in rugby union."

Can they do that?

Nope, not a chance. And if he got one week you could say he served it by not playing for rising or Wallabies this weekend.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

Can they do that?

We do it on a local level. If a player if suspended by the VRU then the ban is still served if they decide to go and play league. Personally I think it's a good rule to have at the local level, but I can't see it being enforced at the professional level.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.