• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sorovi much better than Kalani Thomas

I disagree, Sorovi is a serviceable halfback and will hold his own on the bench, but his development plateaued years ago and he has a high error rate. Kalani Thomas is only 19 but has a much higher ceiling and his form during the UQ finals run improved every game, he finished the season as the in-form half in Queensland club rugby.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I disagree, Sorovi is a serviceable halfback and will hold his own on the bench, but his development plateaued years ago and he has a high error rate. Kalani Thomas is only 19 but has a much higher ceiling and his form during the UQ finals run improved every game, he finished the season as the in-form half in Queensland club rugby.
Agreed, people have been very quick to write of Thomas as a failure despite the fact he's only 19.

He absolutely shouldn't be the Reds starting halfback, but luckily he has time to develop under the tutelage of McDermott.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Adam, you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself with Thomas. Sorovi is definitely in front of him on all levels. Actually there were a few Prems (GPS x2 and Wests x2) and a couple of Colts (GPS and Brothers) halfbacks that I’d still pick over Thomas. We (Reds) we’re stupid giving up both Tuttle and Sorovi.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Adam, you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself with Thomas. Sorovi is definitely in front of him on all levels. Actually there were a few Prems (GPS x2 and Wests x2) and a couple of Colts (GPS and Brothers) halfbacks that I’d still pick over Thomas. We (Reds) we’re stupid giving up both Tuttle and Sorovi. .

That’s fine to disagree, Kalanis finals form was a key reason UQ won IMO. I think the Reds have backed the right horse on this one. Time will tell.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
from the Rebels socials Tom Nolan and Sam Wallis (ex Red ?) training also.
How many flankers do you need?!
6 fulltimes in: Kemeny, Leota, Lolesio, Wells, Hardwick & Wilkins
4 developing in: Haisila, Hough, Nuibalavu and Ioane

I guess it's nice to have wallis familiar with structures if Hardwick or Wilkins need replacement due to major injury.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
How many flankers do you need?!
6 fulltimes in: Kemeny, Leota, Lolesio, Wells, Hardwick & Wilkins
4 developing in: Haisila, Hough, Nuibalavu and Ioane

I guess it's nice to have wallis familiar with structures if Hardwick or Wilkins need replacement due to major injury.
Nolan is a 2nd rower.