• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua @ AAMI Park 25/03 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Game of the round here. Grudge match. Two heavy weights going at it, nothing held back. Kong v Godzilla.

Would be lovely to have Pone or Leota back but I doubt it.

Probably the last match the Rebels have a not insignificant chance to win?

Reactions: TSR

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Unfortunately for the Rebels I think they will not be able to keep up the pace with the Drua and the faster it gets the more excited the Drua get as it becomes more and more like sevens. The Force struggled to keep pace with the Drua and we’re lucky to steal it in the end by reverting back to maintaining possession and they went 23 phases before getting the penalty.
The only chance for the Rebels to win is if they maintain possession and slow the game down like the Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs do. No silly cut out passes and just keep hitting up and driving forward if leota returns this will help.
Kicking away possession I feel will be instantly punished by an excited and improving Drua
I’ve tipped Drua by 10

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Game of the round here. Grudge match. Two heavy weights going at it, nothing held back. Kong v Godzilla.

Would love the club to provide an update on player availability. It really isn’t that hard

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Would love the club to provide an update on player availability. It really isn’t that hard
Rebels need to do what the force did for consumer engagement. Force hired a great team and look at the kind of updates we get

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Rebels need to do what the force did for consumer engagement. Force hired a great team and look at the kind of updates we get

As someone who is into fitness I love the detail there. But in all honesty I would be happy if the Rebels just gave us a list like;

Player X knee 4-6 weeks
Player Y ankle 1-2 weeks
Player Z hamstring test

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
As someone who is into fitness I love the detail there. But in all honesty I would be happy if the Rebels just gave us a list like;

Player X knee 4-6 weeks
Player Y ankle 1-2 weeks
Player Z hamstring test
RA need to mandate it like in the NFL.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
and the selection merry go round continues

REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eloff, Matt Philip, Josh Hill, Brad Wilkin, Richard Hardwick, Michael Wells (c), James Tuttle, Matt To'omua, Glen Vaihu, Ray Nu'u, Stacey Ili, Andrew Kellaway, Reece Hodge

RESERVES: James Hanson, Cameron Orr, Rhys Van Nek, Daniel Maiava, Sam Wallis, Joe Powell, Carter Gordon, George Worth

Scooter

John Solomon (38)

Player X knee 4-6 weeks
Player Y ankle 1-2 weeks
Player Z hamstring test
Melbourne Rebels Injury List:

Trevor Hosea – Foot (Round 12– 13)

Pone Fa’amausili – Calf (Round 11- 12)

Rob Leota – Hamstring (Round 10-11)

Josh Kemeny – ACL (TBC)

Josh Canham – Concussion (Round 8)

Tamati Ioane – Concussion (Round 8)

Ross Haylett-Petty- Concussion (Round 8)

Lachie Anderson – Groin (TBC)

Joe Pincus – Groin (TBC)

Jeral Skelton – ACL (Round 8)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Josh Kemeny – ACL (TBC)

Joe Pincus – Groin (TBC)

Damn how’d you get that.

also super depressing. Didn’t realise Canham & Ioane are out.

who’s Maiava?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so Pone will have missed almost a year with a calf strain !, Leota's few weeks becomes a few months. Sheesh

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

Force will win this one easily...

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)

Josh Kemeny – ACL (TBC)

Joe Pincus – Groin (TBC)

Thank you, how’s you manage to get your hands on that?

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Melbourne Rebels

1. Matt Gibbon, 2. Jordan Uelese, 3. Cabous Eloff, 4. Matt Philip, 5. Josh Hill, 6. Brad Wilkin, 7. Richard Hardwick, 8. Michael Wells (c), 9. James Tuttle, 10. Matt To’omua, 11. Glen Vaihu, 12. Ray Nu’u, 13. Stacey Ili, 14. Andrew Kellaway, 15. Reece Hodge.

Reserves: 16. James Hanson, 17. Cameron Orr, 18. Rhys Van Nek, 19. Daniel Maiava, 20. Sam Wallis, 21. Joe Powell, 22. Carter Gordon, 23. George Worth.

Fijian Drua

1. Jone Koroiduadu, 2. Mesulame Dolokoto, 3. Kaliopasi Uluilakepa, 4. Sorovakatini Tuifagalele, 5. Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, 6. Joseva Tamani, 7. Vilive Miramira, 8. Nemani Nagusa (c), 9. Frank Lomani, 10. Teti Tela, 11. Vinaya Habosi, 12. Kalaveti Ravouvou, 13. Apisalome Vota, 14. Selesitino Ravutaumada, 15. Kitione Ratu.

Reserves: 16. Tevita Ikanivere, 17. Haereiti Hetet, 18. Samuela Tawake, 19. Viliame Rarasea, 20. Kitione Salawa, 21. Peni Matawali, 22. Caleb Muntz, 23. Jona Mataiciwa.

Status
Not open for further replies.