• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds 25/03 @ AAMI

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
With news that RugbyReg will have to strap on the boots one more time for the Reds as their prop injury crisis becomes catastrophic, the Rebels will be planning an ambush at the Stockade. Dampening the Rebels' spirits will the long term absence of Australia's favourite player Reece Hodge. What's worse: the Rebels midfield depth or the Reds' frontrow depth?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
With news that RugbyReg will have to strap on the boots one more time for the Reds as their prop injury crisis becomes catastrophic, the Rebels will be planning an ambush at the Stockade. Dampening the Rebels' spirits will the long term absence of Australia's favourite player Reece Hodge. What's worse: the Rebels midfield depth or the Reds' frontrow depth?
Faagase and Ravai aren't bad bench props. I'd say Reds lock depth < rbeels lock depth < rebels midfield < reds prop depth.

Neither has anything on the Force midfield depth.....

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Faagase and Ravai aren't bad bench props. I'd say Reds lock depth < rbeels lock depth < rebels midfield < reds prop depth.

Sef is looking unlikely to play this weekend, got cited for a tackle from the Drua game.

Another fun match up will be Gordon v O'Connor.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

I think his point was around Fa'agase potentially being out suspended adding to the injury issues

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ah apologies missed that.
Yeh Reds stuffed.

Whats the timeline on Hoopert? Would Asiata move to LHP in the interim?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A lot may turn on who is back for the Reds - Blyth, Jones and Nasser could all potentially be available at this point, bringing some combination of those 3 in will make a big difference to our tight 5 and set piece.

Hopefully Paisami is back from concussion too, while Annan went well I think Paisami shutting down Ili in the midfield will go along way to dampening the rebels attack.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ah apologies missed that.
Yeh Reds stuffed.

Whats the timeline on Hoopert? Would Asiata move to LHP in the interim?
Hoopert is out for the season. I expect Phransis Sula-Siaosi will come straight in, but if Nasser is back they might instead look at shifting Asiata or Blake to loose head with Ravai covering tight head. That's a lot of shuffling though.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
So long as Quade isn’t playing I’ll back Reg in defence.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
You'll be doing it without Sef - 3 week ban from the judiciary.
But yea, we will be without Reece too, so we're all a bit stuffed.
Assuming the cold Melbourne weather will slow down the Queenslanders, and we're in for a narrow 8 point win.