• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Cantabs. Sun, Apr 24 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Date: Sun, Apr 24 2022

Melbourne Rebels Player to watch: Scott Higginbotham.

fash6.jpg

Cantabs Players To Watch: George Bridge and Braydon Ennor:

fash8.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I will say I would be surprised if Rebels win this, and that allowing for how buggered I think the Crusaders will be after last week. I am afraid to say I don't really rate the Rebels and haven't all year.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well I will say I would be surprised if Rebels win this, and that allowing for how buggered I think the Crusaders will be after last week. I am afraid to say I don't really rate the Rebels and haven't all year.
About 99.9% of Gaggers would agree with you. Despite the exhaustion, the Rebels won't even get close. Hardest thing for tipping this game is getting the margin correct.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coupla big names making their injury comebacks on Sunday arvo:

Crusaders: George Bridge, Sevu Reece, Braydon Ennor, Jack Goodhue, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Mitch Drummond, Cullen Grace, Ethan Blackadder, Pablo Matera, Sam Whitelock, Zach Gallagher, Oli Jager, Codie Taylor (c), George Bower. Reserves: Ricky Jackson, Tamaiti Williams, Fletcher Newell, Dominic Gardiner, Corey Kellow, Bryn Hall, Fergus Burke, Chay Fihaki.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, James Hanson, Cabous Eloff, Matt Philip, Josh Hill, Rob Leota, Brad Wilkin, Michael Wells (c), James Tuttle, Matt To'omua, Glen Vaihu, Stacey Ili, Andrew Kellaway, George Worth, Reece Hodge

RESERVES: Efi Ma'afu, Matt Gibbon, Rhys Van Nek, Josh Canham, Tamati Ioane, Sam Wallis, Joe Powell, Carter Gordon

Good to see Leota back. Don't think he'll be able to stop the massacre though. Our scrum will be monstered and our backs are looking particularly subpar too. Jolly good.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Have not been able to go yet in super round but will I have to buy a ticket tomorrow or will my membership work?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is shaping up to be a massacre. Looking at the two lineups, the Cantabs only need to play to their potential for 20 minutes to be well ahead on the scoreboard. What happens if they go berko for the full 80.

Mounga has had a subdued season and will be looking to finally cut loose some jinky capers on some poor buggers.

On behalf of the Blues organisation, and the computations of home advantage in the playoffs, I stand behind the brave and true Melbourne Rebels as they attempt to destroy the heart of The Death Star armed with little more than 1 half-smashed light sabre found lying unloved and unkempt in a box in a garage in St Kilda.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Spotlight On: Richie Mounga's Defense

giphy.gif

Technical Conclusion: well, that was a thing wasn't it.

Not sure who the other team in blue are but their brave and sturdy lads seem to have something about them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.