• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders Rnd 12 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
1st Saturday game for the public here (bar trial games).

Hopefully a similar performance to that vs the Bulls.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ill be at the stockade for this one. I think it'll be close if the Rebels play like they did against the Bulls. Mind you the Saders will be out to assert dominance over that close shave with the Reds.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Crusaders are winners but their form isn't great.

I'd be wildly surprised if the 'saders lost, but I think the Rebs will be competitive.

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll be there.

We've got a decent record against the Crusaders - just lost out 19-14 both times, and both times we held the lead 14-7 at half time. If we make it a triple I won't be complaining :D I can handle close losses much better than the blowouts.

If we lose Luke Jones though I think that's going to affect us a lot. However if we keep most of the team from last week I think we should put up a decent fight. Stirlo was great, hopefully he's back.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, very lucky, it looked terrible on replay... anyone know who'll fill in for him?
Depends if Lipman is back. Lipman to openside, Davidson to blind. Also have Hodson (who looks like Danny from a far).

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
You have lost Luke Jones for 2 weeks. Very lucky not to be more imo.

Yep, based upon the visuals.

Diggers, at 5 weeks, the very 'unlucky' one in the mystery land of SANZAR's faux 'judicial system'.

These inexplicable suspension variations, and the relative light or heavy impact they can have on the teams of the affected players, are a disgrace, no other word will do.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Who is Hodson, the only info I could find on him is that he played in WA at some point.

I spent Friday night yelling "WHO ARE YOU" whenever he was mentioned or came on the field. Nobody got the joke but me.

C

Cave Dweller

Diggers, at 5 weeks, the very 'unlucky' one in the mystery land of SANZAR's faux 'judicial system'.

These inexplicable suspension variations, and the relative light or heavy impact they can have on the teams of the affected players, are a disgrace, no other word will do.
I know this is not the Chiefs thread but was Masaga cited for dangerous play when they played the Sharks? I think he clashed with Mvovo in that "coconut" incident. If he was not then one would have to question the match referee. No arms tackle where he ended hurting himself is still dangerous play.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Who is Hodson, the only info I could find on him is that he played in WA at some point.

I spent Friday night yelling "WHO ARE YOU" whenever he was mentioned or came on the field. Nobody got the joke but me.
From Cottlesloe. Captained Force A against us earlier in the year, played for Aus Universities also.

I know it has been poor information on the part of the club, by why with one of our own players?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
From Cottlesloe. Captained Force A against us earlier in the year, played for Aus Universities also.

I know it has been poor information on the part of the club, by why with one of our own players?

Not in a negative way, more in jest. I'm a positive guy... you'd understand if you were there.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
I know this is not the Chiefs thread but was Masaga cited for dangerous play when they played the Sharks? I think he clashed with Mvovo in that "coconut" incident. If he was not then one would have to question the match referee. No arms tackle where he ended hurting himself is still dangerous play.

he wasn't cited and it wasn't a no arms tackle, he just mistimed the run and seemed to think Mvovo was about a half a metre further away. You can clearly see the attempt to wrap the arms in the slow-motion replay.

the South African commentator talks out of his ass here, "no arms at all" just when you could see his arms trying to go around Mvovo.

Topic: I haven't seen the Crusaders vs Reds game but have read the Crusaders were dire and basically had to thank Bryce for the win. Don't know what to make of the Rebels. The Bulls tend to have a lot of high scoring games (both ways). How did Stirling go?

kronic

John Solomon (38)
My XV:
1. Henderson
2. Robinson
3. Blake
4. Neville
5. Pyle
6. Davidson
7. Lipman
8. Delve
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Vuna
12. Mitchell
13. Inman
14. Gerrard
15. Kingi

16. Freier
17. Owen
18. Campbell
19. Perrett (Ex-Eastwood)
20. Stirzaker
21. Johansson
22. Mortlock

Lipman should be back, will most likely know today, after a training run.

Don't know if Huxley will be available, suspect Byrnes is still maybe a week off. Will probably play in the Shute Shield this weekend.

I can see people calling for Mortlock's inclusing in the XV, due to his impact. However you would of noticed him taking deep ones as well looking a bit ginger at times during play. Best to keep as an impact player off the bench.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

Diggers had a previous conviction for tip tackles so he gets time added for being a "repeat offender", this is Jones' first so he gets a reduced sentence.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Diggers had a previous conviction for tip tackles so he gets time added for being a "repeat offender", this is Jones' first so he gets a reduced sentence.

Please study the actual text of the Diggers' 'ruling' and compare it with Jones'. You will find much to contemplate therein in terms of equity and the consistency of principles applied.

More generally, aside from the above, are we saying that 'priors' of 4+ years ago merits a suspension 250% more than someone with no 'priors'? That such an outcome seems equitable? Even in criminal proceedings for minor offences, a prior conviction rarely if ever ups a non-parole sentence by 250%.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we're comparing the severity of judiciary sentencing to criminal sentencing then it would unfortunately be entirely appropriate to discuss race.

For the record, I don't think for one second that is relevant here. Unfortunately in relation to criminal sentencing, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.