• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Scoey - at 2m tall, you were never a chance at anything but lock.

A tall bloke walks into any club and he doesn't need to talk to anyone - they are already talking about him "who's the big bloke?" "wonder if he can play" "gees, we need some tall timber in the second row" etc. etc.

Were you there Scott? That's pretty much exactly how it went, although I think they offered me free beer first. ;)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It's an interesting point you make, and I'm not picking on you, but if you ask Slipper, he sees himself as a loosehead and wants to play there. Obviously he plays 3 to either fit into or do whats best for the team, depending on your view, but if that's where he sees himself, it would suck to be pigeon holed into a position you don't really want to play.

No worries here - I appreciate the insight you are able to give knowing the players. I'm interested though - does he actually dislike playing 3?

I like Holmes, but I must admit I am really hoping Daley can show some real improvement. First and foremost, I want to see props who scrum well - but that said I loved watching Daley play in 2011 (other than scrum time). He was outstanding around the park and played with real ticker and agro.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This will be Holmes' first full off season and I think he'll come out firing. He offers a lot at scrum time and around the field.

T

TOCC

I've heard Daley is one of the most intense trainers, him and Benny Lucas keep the boys in check during training and don't leave room to muck around or screw up..

I guess this in the absence of Genia who has a similar reputation..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I asked Richard Graham about Holmes and he said he was training the house down and raring to go

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Training the house down is as much of a sporting idiom as saying that the boys played hard, done good and it was a battle of two halves.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I asked Richard Graham about Holmes and he said he was training the house down and raring to go

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

At this professional level you would expect every player to be 'training the house down'.
I f they're not then you have a problem as a coach.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Tough audience Sully. Presumedly, he had other pat responses in his kit bag, "knows he's got a big year ahead of him, work cut out etc etc".

T

TOCC

Well from what i've heard from my source inside the camp, the front row department is going to be pretty competitive in 2013, theres quite a few lesser known props putting there hands up and training hard.. Beau Robinson Mk II?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Well from what i've heard from my source inside the camp, the front row department is going to be pretty competitive in 2013, theres quite a few lesser known props putting there hands up and training hard.. Beau Robinson Mk II?
Kevin Davis?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have been training the house down also. I can make a cuppa in between games and half time quicker than ever. I'm not a heavy drinker but my sprint times between the couch and the fridge to fetch a can are looking sharp indeed. Can't wait for the season and am also raring to go.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Your glass is half empty I see. Richard was very enthusiastic about Holmes and thinks he is in for a big year.

It was more making fun of the turn of phrase. It's almost like it's the only phrase about training that anyone has ever come up with.

I am more than happy to take Richard Graham's word as fact. I wasn't being negative about Holmes.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Your glass is half empty I see. Richard was very enthusiastic about Holmes and thinks he is in for a big year.

Apparently injury-free for the first time in several years. Looking strong too.

g-holmes.jpg

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I have been training the house down also. I can make a cuppa in between games and half time quicker than ever. I'm not a heavy drinker but my sprint times between the couch and the fridge to fetch a can are looking sharp indeed. Can't wait for the season and am also raring to go.

Time to think laterally (which RD never seems to do) - move the fridge next to the couch!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Time to think laterally (which RD never seems to do) - move the fridge next to the couch!

Tried it with an esky. The household chief of pretty much everything was not happy.

In the Deans spirit I will take these learning's forward and profit from the knowledge.:D

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
You can relax! Half-time is now 12 mins.

S15 half-time break extended
2013-01-10 10:02​
Cape Town - SANZAR on Thursday announced that half-time breaks for the 2013 Vodacom Super Rugby season will be extended to 12 minutes.​
The 18th year of Super Rugby kicks off on Friday, February 15 with the Rebels hosting the Force in Melbourne.​
Only the Australian Conference will be in action in Round 1 (due to the British and Irish Lions Tour), with the New Zealand and South African teams commencing their season in Round 2.​

T

TOCC

probably so the broadcasters can squeeze in 2 extra minutes of advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.