• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Hopefully not a lot in it. Diggers doesn't even drink does he? Also no indication that he was involved in the alleged assault in that article, just that he was there & is assisting police.....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully not a lot in it. Diggers doesn't even drink does he? Also no indication that he was involved in the alleged assault in that article, just that he was there & is assisting police...

"Assisting police" is one of those polite journalistic phrases that is often used to indicate that the person in question is a suspect and is being interviewed by police........

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Allegedly, you're pretty quick to point fingers Slim :rolleyes:
At this stage it just says he was there with one of his relo's who was involved in an altercation......
There is no guilt by association.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not pointing the finger.....

Whether or not he was involved is a matter I do not care about........

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
"Assisting police" is one of those polite journalistic phrases that is used to indicate that the person in question is the suspect and is being interviewed by police....

Bullshit mate, you're trolling at best.

There is nothing to suggest Ioane has done anything wrong. Let the police conduct their enquires before hurling shit.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

There is nothing to suggest Ioane has done anything wrong. Let the police conduct their enquires before hurling shit.
to be fair to slim, it is a bit like saying a coach has the full support of the board. On the outside it seems innocent but it quite often has a different meaning in reality.

I hope there is nothing in it for Digby's sake, and for the Reds/Wallabies as well. my main concern is for Digby and his family

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Whether they seek it out, or just seem to get dragged in as innocent bystanders, the same names always seem to be keep making the news for all the wrong reasons.

These four musketeers make more news for non-rugby reasons than the rest of Heavensgame put together.

That being said, a bit of a barney in a pub pales into insignificance compared to what some of the other winter football codes are currently dealing with.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Don't be so childish.He made no accusations or insinuations.
It's a well known phrase with a well known meaning.
The only person hurling shit is you.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
"Assisting police" is used for innocent bystanders as well as suspects, but suspects are normally indicated by journalists. So far news reports imply that Ioane wasn't the one wanted for assault, but we will need to wait to see what comes out. Georgina Robinon's article was a little more forthcoming.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ries-over-alleged-assault-20130310-2ftql.html

The 27 year old Brisbane man is, of course, Ioane, and the 30 year old Brisbane is supposedly his relative I assume?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My guess is that the 30 yr old cousin was full of pride being with his 'Wallaby' visitor and was boasting the fact over a few drinks.
The other guy said something to the effect of 'put a sock in it', and it elevated from there.

Only a guess mind you:rolleyes:

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If Digby wasn't "Assisting Police" there would be no story. I have to agree with IS, the fact the ARU has an integrity manager is the the biggest shock of the story. He mustn't have be used much in the past.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't be so childish.He made no accusations or insinuations.
It's a well known phrase with a well known meaning.
The only person hurling shit is you.
Childish? That's a bit rich considering that you haven't had anything to post in the Reds '13 thread for months and then as soon as one of our lads is "assisting the police with their investigation" you're straight in here with yet another one of your classic Quade gags. I'd consider that hurling shit or as Ruggo said, trolling at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.